Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what to serve with chicken tagine tonight?

(10 Posts)
desperatehousewife Tue 05-Apr-05 15:33:39

Cooking tagine with some cous cous with apricots and almonds in it....is there a veg which would be nice with it - something green? Hmmm....

Also, what can i do for pud - needs to be easy - don't have much time. Pud for 4 people for tonight!

Ta muchly

bundle Tue 05-Apr-05 15:38:06

spinach, steam it in the water you wash it in, then mix in some sauteed onions/garlic/chilli

sorrel Tue 05-Apr-05 15:51:14

I think I would just do a green salad.maybe watercress and orange salad if i was feeling fancy.
what about lemon curd mousse for after? In each( 1 per person) small cup, ramekin or dish put 1 tablespoon of lemon curd. Whip up some cream and break up some meringue nests.Mix cream and meringue pieces toether. put on top of lemon curd layer .Bash Gingernut biscuits with rolling pin crumble gingernut biscuits on top.
This is a simple version of a recipe i stole from somewhere. Could use Mascarpone instead of cream or even Greek Yog.hope this doesn't involve to much shopping!

desperatehousewife Tue 05-Apr-05 20:49:06

thanks sorrel - cooking tomorrow night instead now, cos had my handbag knicked on the bus and just want to flop tonight. Will do watercress salad tomorrow though. Mmmm...

desperatehousewife Thu 07-Apr-05 19:29:52

Sorrel - thank you for inspired watercress and orange salad - perfect - it was utterly divine - all of it (even if i say so myself) !

sorrel Thu 07-Apr-05 19:33:25

oh i'm so pleased! You actually inspired me to do a morrocan thingy tonight, so I am almost exploding with the amount of couscous we had! But it was you who put it in my head.Watercress is so yummy! i think it was my granny who used to put orange wih it. But then she also had a penchent for orange sandwiches!! Never seen anyone else in the world make such a thing Mad!

desperatehousewife Thu 07-Apr-05 20:14:14

Ok - there was me thinking it was some modern, eclectic, cool moroccan vibe thing putting orange with salad...but it was your nan!

Good on her though...it's DIVINE!

sorrel Thu 07-Apr-05 20:15:49

heehee thanks DHW!

bundle Thu 07-Apr-05 20:16:35

nice with pink grapefruit too..

desperatehousewife Thu 07-Apr-05 20:16:57

ooooh....yes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now