Talk

Advanced search

BAKED BEANS OK FOR 9 MONTH OLD?

(8 Posts)
Schmauskin Sat 02-Apr-05 21:52:03

dd eating everything I give her - mostly homecooked + Babylicious and occasional jar... fancy trying her on baked beans + potato + cheese all mashed together (yummy) but am I asking for trouble? Will she suffer terrible wind just like her mother when she eats beans?
Farting is funny, but I don't want her to suffer any discomfort - What's the consensus?

misdee Sat 02-Apr-05 21:52:51

think they are high in salt/sugar.

and the wind may be aproblem as well.

stitch Sat 02-Apr-05 21:53:11

isnt it the too much salt part to be worried about?
im badm i gave my ninemonthe old seekh kebabs!

NotQuiteCockney Sat 02-Apr-05 21:54:16

I'd look at the salt, and check the ingredients - make sure it's made out of only things you'd cook with?

That being said, in moderation, I'm sure it's fine.

pixiefish Sat 02-Apr-05 21:54:21

baked beans are very high in salt- the occasional spoonful won't do her any harm but be careful not to give her too much. Spaghetti hoops are lowr in salt than beans

swiperfox Sat 02-Apr-05 21:54:32

I gave that to 9 month old ds last week - he loved it!!! Baked potato, beans and cheese and a tiny bit of butter all mashed up. yum!!!!!

NannyJo Sat 02-Apr-05 21:55:23

you can get low salt beans. you know your own capabilities of your baby so if they can cope i think it would be fine

jackeroo Sat 02-Apr-05 22:02:43

we get small tins of low salt beans (sainsburys and somerfield have them) but sugar is high on the ingredient list...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now