Talk

Advanced search

Help needed in Seattle!! - anyone got Jamie Oliver's Jamie's Dinners cook book - urgently need recipe

(10 Posts)
JamieOliverlessinSeattle Tue 13-Jan-09 22:22:00

Hello - I am all on my ownsome here in Seattle and can't find my 'Jamie's dinners' cook book. Really need the monkfish roasted in prosciutto recipe as am cooking it tonight for new american friends. Got the monkfish, got the prosciutto, just need the darn recipe!!

Can ANYONE HELP????

Please, please, pleeeaassseee!!! Will send lots of Seattle thank you sprites through the air if you can...

Judd Tue 13-Jan-09 22:29:41

Can't find it in my Jamie's Dinners book. Will this do? I googled it and I think it's Delia. Hope it helps!

Monkfish wrapped in prosciutto
For the monkfish
200g/7oz monkfish, trimmed
3 slices prosciutto
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
3 spring onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
140g/5oz cherry tomatoes, halved
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
For the spinach
200g/7oz spinach
1 tbsp olive oil

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Wrap the monkfish in the prosciutto and season with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the monkfish for 2-3 minutes, until it is browned on both sides.
4. Transfer into the oven for eight minutes or until completely cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for five minutes.
5. For the sauce, heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan and fry the spring onion and garlic for one minute. Add the tomatoes and basil leaves to the pan and stir well.
6. For the spinach, heat the oil in a separate pan and add the spinach for two minutes, stirring until wilted down.
7. To serve, place the monkfish onto a plate and place alongside the spinach. Top with the tomato sauce

MrsBadger Tue 13-Jan-09 22:40:52

it isn;t Jamie;s dinners, it's Happy Days:

I small jar sundried toms in oil
2 large handfuls fresh basil
oilive o
16-20 slices parma ham
4 x 200g monkfish fillets
s&p

preheat oven to 200C/400F
put toms, half their oil & the basil in the blender & whizz till smooth, trickling in the remaining oil till it;s spreadable

rub oil on an 4 A4 piece of greaseproof and lay 4 slices ham on each
smear with paste
top with monkfish, season and roll up

remove paper, put in oiled baking dish and roast 15-20min

serve sliced on runny mash, drizzled with balsamic & sprinkled with rocket

MrsBadger Tue 13-Jan-09 22:41:35

sorry
'rub oil on 4 A4 pieces of greaseproof paper'

ilovelovemydog Tue 13-Jan-09 22:43:03

Send Mrs Badger a nice Alaskan King Crab from Pike Street Market smile

<and throw it>

JamieOliverlessinSeattle Tue 13-Jan-09 22:43:53

Oh, Mrs Badger you have a whole army of lucky happy sprites flying towards you across the atlantic right now!

Judd - good effort, thanks so much for googling that one.

Right, better get mushing olives...

THANK YOU!!! xx

JamieOliverlessinSeattle Tue 13-Jan-09 22:45:07

Got my monkfish at pike place market earlier today lovemydog!!!

They yelled a lot and threw it around while I tried not to look nervous at thought of it slipping out of their hands!!

MrsBadger Tue 13-Jan-09 22:45:12

no no oilve oil

sorry re my recipe shorthand

and thanks for the crab wink

JamieOliverlessinSeattle Tue 13-Jan-09 22:46:32

Oh Mrs B, bugger it, I bought prosciutto instead of parma ham - do you think will make a difference wrapping it in that??

MrsBadger Tue 13-Jan-09 22:49:14

not a jot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now