Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help, im addicted to chocolate....and cant stop!!!

(8 Posts)
juicychops Thu 31-Mar-05 21:54:29

Im gunna end up the size of a house if i don't sort this out soon but the last 4 or 5 weeks i cant stop eating chocolate. every night i have to go and buy 3 chocolate bars and its driving me insane! what is wrong with me? i think it started as comfort eating as i was feeling low, but its got out of control now and its quite worrying that something so silly as chocolate can be so so so addictive!! HELP!!! how can i stop?

JoolsToo Thu 31-Mar-05 21:55:10

close your mouth

Katemum Thu 31-Mar-05 21:56:19

I dont have any answers but I am the same, just can't stop eating the stuff. Will be popping back to see if there are any miracle cures!!

hunkermunker Thu 31-Mar-05 21:58:25

Buy a bar of chocolate, stick it in the fridge so it's really hard, then grate a bit and only eat what you can pick up with the tip of your finger. You'll have a chocolatey taste in your mouth ages (any dentists reading this, don't hate me!) but you won't eat as much.

trefusis Thu 31-Mar-05 22:01:32

Message withdrawn

Earlybird Thu 31-Mar-05 22:10:42

I have this problem too, as chocolate is my most serious temptation, and I am trying to find a way to stop.

First important step - I've seen some recent unflattering photos of myself and think "OK, if that's how I really look, it's time to call a halt to all this!" Another factor is the warmer weather is approaching, and I'll no longer be able to hide under a baggy jumper, or a big coat. The last "trick" is that any chocolate in the house goes into dd's special "treasure box" and I will not raid any sweets from there - in my mind, it's akin to an addict raiding their child's piggy bank to feed their habit.

So far, those 3 points have motivated me through the past week. Hopefully if I've made it through Easter without breaking down, I'm on my way to breaking the chocolate habit. Good luck with your own efforts!

hunkermunker Thu 31-Mar-05 22:11:39

Or try my 'giving up smoking' tip - every time you want to have some chocolate, clean your teeth.

(Am I redeeming myself with dentists here?!)

juicychops Thu 31-Mar-05 22:26:29

I need to be hypnotised or something to make me feel sick whenever i think of chocolate so that i wont be able to eat it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now