Talk

Advanced search

recipes with parmesan cheese?

(14 Posts)
hazlinh Thu 31-Mar-05 08:56:17

have got half a block of parmesan leftover from last night's pasta. anyone got any nice and easy-to-do recipes involving parmesan? thanks

mancmum Thu 31-Mar-05 09:26:59

parmesan crisps are nice --- grate it up fine and place small amounts on baking tray and cook in hot oven for 3-4 mins until crisp around edges -- lovely with glass of wine...

hoxtonchick Thu 31-Mar-05 10:00:09

if you wrap it tightly & keep it in the fridge it'll last for ages. i stick parmesan in everything though....

Loochyloo Fri 01-Apr-05 20:54:19

er my italian cousin advocates cutting a nice big block of the "skin" off about 1 cm thick, giving it a good scrape (on the bit where the "writing" is) and giving it to ds to chew on. Kids love it, great for any new teeth, though does get a bit smelly! Apparently they used to drill a hole in a piece and hang it around the child's neck for them to chew on all day....

milge Fri 01-Apr-05 20:56:38

Take chicken breast strips, dip in egg, then grated parmesan cheese, roast in oven for 15-20 mins, chicken nuggets!
Or JO has a recipe for fish dipped in egg, then parmesan cheese, then fried.

jackeroo Fri 01-Apr-05 21:00:08

if you grate it finely and use it as a crust on grilled salmon steaks it works well... or very simple - just stir it in to cooked pasta with basil or coriander, and some olive oil and black pepper...can add mushrooms, asparagus, tuna or whatever...

ScummyMummy Fri 01-Apr-05 21:03:13

make a risotto?

Love the idea of using it as a teether, Loochloo.

dropinthe Fri 01-Apr-05 21:08:14

Wilkinsons sell really cheap blocks of parmesan-£1.99 verses Sainsburys same size for £4.50.............

dropinthe Fri 01-Apr-05 21:08:30

Bring me the cheese!!!!

Loochyloo Fri 01-Apr-05 21:25:52

I have to confess that when I saw ds having a good ol chew of his I tried some too, and you know it really is quite tasty...
Does make you smell though!

madgirl Fri 01-Apr-05 21:29:42

bet the breath isn't as bad as marmite breath

Toothache Fri 01-Apr-05 21:31:41

I can find a way to make ANYTHING calorific.... this is my salad:

Mixed lettuce leaves (with lots of fresh parsley and basil),

generous squeeze of lemon juice

A glug of balsamic vinegar

A handful of salted capers

One chopped spring onion or shallot

(all nice and low fat and healthy so far eh?? )

then..... a HUGE glug of Olive oil with garlic

...and loads of grated parmesan!!!

It's amazing, trust me... and goes with anything.... we had it tonight with Swedish meatballs!

ScummyMummy Fri 01-Apr-05 21:33:05

mmmmm, toothache. That sounds like my kind of salad.

hazlinh Mon 04-Apr-05 02:13:30

lol. had a good giggle reading this, esp at loochyloo's teether idea. cant imagine how my mum will react to dd munching on a parmesan necklace hung round her neck. thanks everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now