Talk

Advanced search

caravan holiday on a budget need quick & easy recipe inspiration please

(9 Posts)
sallystrawberry Thu 31-Mar-05 00:50:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Anteater Thu 31-Mar-05 01:00:28

Holiday caravan ovens tend to burn at the back while not cooking at the front... so forget a roast!

Now if I was going away next week (I wish) Would include a fresh veg soup (2 days) Sausage and mash (day 3), fried mash, bacon and egg (day 4) Omlettes (5) and finish up every thing and day 6..

sallystrawberry Thu 31-Mar-05 01:06:40

Furball Thu 31-Mar-05 08:29:59

Make up a spagetti sauce to take with you for the first day or two. You could have it with pasta one day and mash and veg the next. You could also take a big pizza. How many and how old are your children?

LIZS Thu 31-Mar-05 08:49:31

Can you take a disposable bbq or a smallish proper one - sausages, grilled meat perhaps, pasta or new potatoes and either baked beans or salad.

Couple of tins of tuna and tomato sauce for pasta.

Jacket potatoes with cheese, tuna, sweetcorn etc.

Bozza Thu 31-Mar-05 09:12:16

Personally I would want to go for easy food on holiday. So would definitely go for the jacket spuds idea - easy and cheap. When we're on hols with the kids we normally just give them their usual cereal and DH (he's a stick in the mud) and then might buy some croissants/nice bread and maybe jam and toast these for a slightly more relaxed breakfast than at home.

sallystrawberry Thu 31-Mar-05 11:51:07

Bozza Thu 31-Mar-05 12:14:33

Make DH make the brekkie then. And wash all the greasy stuff afterwards.

dyzzidi Thu 31-Mar-05 12:14:53

Pasta bakes and garlic Bread. You can eat leftover pasta cold the next day !!!

Also a big pot of homemade soup to stretch a couple of meals out with or to serve as lunch.

We always take french bread with pate and jam as we are all hungry after swimming and we just make a huge plate of sliced bread to help yourself with other stuff.

And what about making some rice pudding as a treat to use up your storecupboard stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now