Talk

Advanced search

Revolting recipe

(13 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 07-Jan-09 19:33:03

Note for future.

Cauliflower, sweetcorn and smoked mackerel with old garam masala do not make a nice kedgeree.

bleugh.

Othersideofthechannel Thu 08-Jan-09 12:04:40

He he.

Kiwi fruit blended with milk and a bit of lime cordial doesn't make a pleant refreshing drink. I knew it wouldn't but DH was convinved it would.

Othersideofthechannel Thu 08-Jan-09 12:04:58

pleasant

Lizzylou Thu 08-Jan-09 12:05:49

Bleuurgh grin

I make up strange concoctions towards the end of the month when money is tight and food supply is low.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 12:24:48

lizzielou - was exactly that. I'm trying to use up left over veg and bits and pieces and tbh its turning out a bit tummy ache making.

Today I have to use up:
half a swede
half a celeriac
half a cauliflower
half an onion.
and I have a whole green cabbage.

It will be challenging!

Otherside - that sounds gruesome!!!

nickytwotimes Thu 08-Jan-09 12:26:03

Yuk!

DH once tried to incorporate oranges into a smoothie.

He wouldn't be told...

OhBling Thu 08-Jan-09 12:26:38

Butternut, chickpea soup without onion is disgusting!

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 12:29:15

ugh nicky - reminds me mys sisters favourite drink was orange squash and milk. She didnt mind the curdling at all!

ohBling - soup needs onion!

nickytwotimes Thu 08-Jan-09 12:30:50

<shudders>

Now, this would bbe a handy thread for encouraging weight loss, wouldn't it? wink

mrsdisorganised Thu 08-Jan-09 12:33:40

lol! When using up any left over veg I tend to make soup...couple of tins of chopped tomatoes and boullion powder blend it up and it's just a variation on tomato soupgrin

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 12:37:31

soup is a good idea. I think I'll go with that, though the family will groan again!

I did try swede and celeriac casserole two days ago in a horseradish creamy sauce. So not nice.

nickytwotimes Thu 08-Jan-09 12:38:33

OYBK, are you that character form the Vicar of Dibley that made, ahem, unusual food items? wink

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 13:50:30

grin
Pilchard muffins anyone?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: