Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Revolting recipe

(13 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 07-Jan-09 19:33:03

Note for future.

Cauliflower, sweetcorn and smoked mackerel with old garam masala do not make a nice kedgeree.

bleugh.

Othersideofthechannel Thu 08-Jan-09 12:04:40

He he.

Kiwi fruit blended with milk and a bit of lime cordial doesn't make a pleant refreshing drink. I knew it wouldn't but DH was convinved it would.

Othersideofthechannel Thu 08-Jan-09 12:04:58

pleasant

Lizzylou Thu 08-Jan-09 12:05:49

Bleuurgh grin

I make up strange concoctions towards the end of the month when money is tight and food supply is low.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 12:24:48

lizzielou - was exactly that. I'm trying to use up left over veg and bits and pieces and tbh its turning out a bit tummy ache making.

Today I have to use up:
half a swede
half a celeriac
half a cauliflower
half an onion.
and I have a whole green cabbage.

It will be challenging!

Otherside - that sounds gruesome!!!

nickytwotimes Thu 08-Jan-09 12:26:03

Yuk!

DH once tried to incorporate oranges into a smoothie.

He wouldn't be told...

OhBling Thu 08-Jan-09 12:26:38

Butternut, chickpea soup without onion is disgusting!

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 12:29:15

ugh nicky - reminds me mys sisters favourite drink was orange squash and milk. She didnt mind the curdling at all!

ohBling - soup needs onion!

nickytwotimes Thu 08-Jan-09 12:30:50

<shudders>

Now, this would bbe a handy thread for encouraging weight loss, wouldn't it? wink

mrsdisorganised Thu 08-Jan-09 12:33:40

lol! When using up any left over veg I tend to make soup...couple of tins of chopped tomatoes and boullion powder blend it up and it's just a variation on tomato soupgrin

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 12:37:31

soup is a good idea. I think I'll go with that, though the family will groan again!

I did try swede and celeriac casserole two days ago in a horseradish creamy sauce. So not nice.

nickytwotimes Thu 08-Jan-09 12:38:33

OYBK, are you that character form the Vicar of Dibley that made, ahem, unusual food items? wink

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 08-Jan-09 13:50:30

grin
Pilchard muffins anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now