Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gelatine panic - please reassure me!

(5 Posts)
snickersnack Wed 31-Dec-08 11:18:00

Am doing blackberries in muscat jelly for dinner tonight - never used gelatine before. I followed the recipe exactly - it's been in the fridge in glasses for about 90 minutes and still looks really really wet and runny. The recipe says 3-4 hours to set, so I've got a while, but if it's not going to work I need to think quickly about an alternative pudding. Please reassure me!

12StoneNeedsToBe10 Wed 31-Dec-08 12:09:26

I'm sure you'll be fine, the recipe says 3-4 hours and you're still less than half-way through that time.

BirdyArms Wed 31-Dec-08 12:16:09

I made a Jamie Oliver wine jelly thing that needed a lot more gelatine to set than the recipe said so I think you need to be careful. Could you make up a small amount of more concentrated wine and gelatine mixture and mix it in with what you've already made to be on the safe side? Or I would have something else on standby.

moopymoo Wed 31-Dec-08 12:17:22

yes if its not at all gloopy by now I would do what birdy says.

snickersnack Wed 31-Dec-08 14:50:18

Result! They've set! They aren't totally jelly like but don't think they are meant to be. The recipe did say they would be set but fairly gloopy.

I never really trust Nigella since she let me down badly with chocolate pot quantities but I think I might have pulled this one off. They smell amazing.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now