Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can cheap = reasonable quality?????????

(3 Posts)
sacha3taylor Fri 25-Mar-05 19:57:18

I have just opened a bag of potatoes that I bought on Monday. One had gone off and had leaked brown stuff all over the potatoes (sorry}. I buy loads of veg and fruit as I make most of our food and am fed up with throwing things away when they should still be fresh! I do buy quite cheap F&V as we are not particularly well of but still want fresh produce. SO have you found that you can still buy things cheaply that last fot more than 5 days?

phatcat Fri 25-Mar-05 20:05:08

it's annoying isn't it! I store all my veggies in the fridge, take them out of the bags first and put kitchen paper in the bottom of the drawers. It helps prolong their life a bit - I reckon on a week for spuds. Aubergines / butternut squash / sweet potatoes seem to be good keepers. I always buy aubergines when they have been discounted as supermarkets never have them ripe anyway.

sacha3taylor Fri 25-Mar-05 20:14:04

Drives me up the wall - Cherry tomatoes seem to last about 5 minutes, are they just out of season?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now