Talk

Advanced search

SOS! Easy Mediterranean style marinade for chicken skewers needed

(5 Posts)
expatkat Fri 25-Mar-05 18:06:23

I was going to make silverlining's Malaysian chick curry for an imp dinner tonight, but I can't find most of the ingredients here in NYC, a city that seems increasingly backwards after living in London for so long.

Any ideas for a quick marinade for chicken. And then how long do I grill the skewers for? Any other tips gratefully recieved.

expat x.

ggglimpopo Fri 25-Mar-05 18:10:17

Message withdrawn

ggglimpopo Fri 25-Mar-05 18:13:51

Message withdrawn

PuffTheMagicDragon Fri 25-Mar-05 18:16:58

The quantities in this recipe are based on using 2 chicken breasts, so adjust amounts accordingly.

Honey and lemon grilled chicken

1 tablespoon lemon juice
half a tablespoon of honey
half a teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 skinned chicken breasts

Mix the lemon juice, honey and ground ginger. Add the olive oil. Mix again. Marinade the chicken in this mixture for at least 20 mins in fridge (I do it for about 2 hours).

I usually then fry the chicken in a pan, but it could be put on skewers and grilled. Not sure how long for when grilling, but just check a piece to ensure its cooked through.

expatkat Fri 25-Mar-05 21:36:22

Thanks to you both. I didn't have soy sauce, so used Puff's recipe. I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now