Talk

Advanced search

Healthy quick recipes for busy mum?

(6 Posts)
juicychops Wed 23-Mar-05 21:57:55

I need healthy recipes that are quick and easy cos ive been eating so much crap lately where i don't have time to make anything.

Blossomhill Wed 23-Mar-05 21:58:34

Nothing to add but will be watching this with interest.....

trinityrocks Thu 24-Mar-05 09:10:46

Baked potatoe in the microwave, takes 7 ish mins for a medium one and then tuna and cheese on top or baked beans!!
Money no object you could buy ready prepared salad!
Boil in the bag kippers or smoked mackerel with salad or a baked potato is quick and healthy.
Pasta and sauce with cheese on??

skerriesmum Thu 24-Mar-05 09:12:08

Boil up some egg noodles, that takes 5 minutes, chuck in some frozen veg for the last two minutes, then add tuna, soy sauce, maybe scrambled egg if time.

Papillon Thu 24-Mar-05 09:22:51

Not sure if you have no time cos you are not home or out all day... for this you have to be abit organised but it is easy and I think Blossomhill you will like.

Split pea soup

This is recipe is basically like mine cept I don´t worry about the herbs.. and just use a good stock.

Split pea soup

Soak peas - 1 hour cold water b4 boiling. If you have a crock pot you can chuck it all in b4 you go to work. Also if you really cannot be arsed chopping use instant garlic and onion

mancmum Thu 24-Mar-05 09:26:37

I just bought the gillian mckeith book and loads of good ideas in that -- will print some out later for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now