Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do your children have for breakfast?

(65 Posts)
TinyGang Wed 23-Mar-05 11:54:51

My children aren't that bothered about cereal and they always seem to have so much sugar in them anyway.

They usually have toast and marmite/jam/chocolate spread or in a sandwich. The little ones also have banana smoothies (just milk and banana, no icecream in it before I get told off!) Older dd won't drink milk much now which is a shame.

We don't have time to start doing cooked breakfasts. What else could they have? Toast is getting a bit monotonous. Sometimes they have a hot cross bun, but I really think of them as cakes for tea time.

fisil Wed 23-Mar-05 12:03:11

ds has toast or a banana or yoghurt.

MandM Wed 23-Mar-05 12:04:14

My dd won't eat cereal - not even weetabix. She normally has a Muller Corner yogurt, then she shares my porridge and raisins (won't eat her own bowl of porridge BTW, she doesn't like that, she only likes mine). Can't usually get her to drink anything in a morning and haven't got time to mess, so she has some milk when she gets to nursery. In the evenings, I am quite strict about her eating what she is given, in a morning I am 'Mrs Anything-for-an-easy-life'!!!

At weekends, she has her yogurt, then tends to have some fruit and either a hot cross bun/toast/crumpet/scotch pancake etc.

Gobbledigook Wed 23-Mar-05 12:04:22

Ditto, mine often follow cereal with a banana, yoghurt and/or toast - particularly if they have been their usual irritating selves and not eaten any evening meal!

Cereals they have rice krispies, cheerios or weetabix.

Bozza Wed 23-Mar-05 12:11:10

DS - weetabix with raisins, petits filous and sometimes toast.
DD - ready brek with prune puree, sometimes toast.

floppsy Wed 23-Mar-05 12:14:31

Your lucky can't get my dds to eat anything for breakfast,tried most things,fruit,cereal,toast they just refuse it.They will eat breakfast on the weekends but not untill about 11'o'clock,has started to worry me a bit as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.My dd2 who is 2.5 hardly eats anything all day bit concerned anyone else had the same problem?

Bonkerz Wed 23-Mar-05 12:16:04

In our house Ceral is something the kids eat out of the bowl with no milk as a treat in the afternoon! Breakfast is usually eiter yoghurts and fruit OR Toast and jam.

fuzzywuzzy Wed 23-Mar-05 12:16:09

dd1 has porridge sweetened a bit with honey. This is a recent occurance previously she lived on air...

Titania Wed 23-Mar-05 12:17:26

ds1 and dd have toast and jam/honey and cereal or porridge

ds2 has milk, banana, yogurt, weetabix/porridge

I have whatever I can grab! lol

WideWebWitch Wed 23-Mar-05 12:18:07

Mine have
boiled egg and dippies (takes 5 mins)
scrambled egg on toast (2 mins)
toast and marmite/peanut butter
apple juice

Blossomhill Wed 23-Mar-05 12:18:59

Cereal or toast

misdee Wed 23-Mar-05 12:19:18

today dd1 had half a crumpet. dd2 had 2 slices of toast, a crumpet and a ceral bar. i had toast.

Kayleigh Wed 23-Mar-05 12:21:02

As a change from toast my ds1 and ds2 have croissants or crumpets with various spreads (jame, marmite, cream cheese) or fillings (ham, cheese, bacon. Also mini pitta stuffed with any of the above.

ThomCat Wed 23-Mar-05 12:21:57

I offer wheatabix or shreddies or porridge, but sh'e not always in the mood for it.

Whether she eats her cereal or not she always has one slive of wholemeal tost with butter & a tiny bit of marmite.

Glass of milk, currently containing 'bowel essence'!!!!!!!!! Seriously, it's extracts of plants an dflowers that is supposed to help the bowel so I'm giving it a go.

ThomCat Wed 23-Mar-05 12:23:45

Oh, and at weekends we do eggy bread (that's French Toast to some of you, reference a thread a couple of months back!)

At she sometimes has a chopped up banana with her toast as well.

puddle Wed 23-Mar-05 12:25:30

DS (5) is the cereal king. He likes sugar free alpen, raisin wheats and a mix of cornflakes and bran flakes. He eats two or three bowlfulls. DD is more of a challenge. She likes porridge, alpen with extra dried apricots, plus any kind of breads with dried fruit in - soreen is her absolute favourite but tend to get her fruity bread from the health shop.

What about eggy bread? Fruit salad with yoghurt? Pancakes (quick to do if you have batter in the fridge).

Hulababy Wed 23-Mar-05 12:27:25

Cereals
Yogurt/Fromage Frais
Toast
Eggy Bread/scrambled egg on toast
Fruit
Crumpets/Muffins
Croissants

QueenEagle Wed 23-Mar-05 12:29:24

I insist that all my older kids (13, 11, 9) have cereal - choices are weetabix, bran flakes, shredded wheat, quaker oats porridge, cheerios, coco pops - even if its just a small bowl. Then they have toast with cheese slice, crumpet or just sandwich with jam, choc spread or peanut butter. They usually bring DS3 down with them and they get him one of the above, he loves eating with them and to be honest it helps me whilst I get DS4 fed and dressed.

I think its important they have decent brekkie cos they dont get anything else til lunch time at school. Weekends I don't mind if they have less as they can just get what they like at any time they're hungry.

haggered Wed 23-Mar-05 12:29:44

Sausages and pancakes
Dippy Eggs
Ham,egg and cheese
fruit salad and yoghurt
Sausages are fav at the mo

zippy539 Wed 23-Mar-05 12:30:13

ds will eat cereal but his favourites are boiled egg, scrambled egg, or pancakes (crepes) and syrup. I can never be bothered to make the pancakes but in reality they take less time than a boiled egg. dd likes shreddies with warm milk, strawberries, strawberries, strawberries.

Merlin Wed 23-Mar-05 12:33:45

errrrrrr...... this morning 2 iced fairy cakes! . Only because he woke up early came downstairs and helped himself!! Normally, Shreddies (no milk!), or toast and marmite, or favourite at moment is croissants. Usually drinks OJ and/or milk (he is 4)

Merlin Wed 23-Mar-05 12:34:35

Scrambled egg and sausage a fave as well. (especially cold sausage sandwich with ketchup -yuk!!!)

tortoiseshell Wed 23-Mar-05 12:36:31

ds has rice krispies, mixed with crunchy nut cornflakes, raisins, and sometimes some muesli. Then toast and (if I'm 'nice) chocolate spread. Dd has a weetabix, then either a piece of toast or a banana, or some yoghurt. Both have orange juice to drink.

Sonnet Wed 23-Mar-05 12:38:22

Cereal and fruit ( Porridge, weetabix, cornflakes, branflakes)
Grilled back bacon in wholemeal bread
Dippy eggs
Muffins with ham and cheese
Omlettes - with ham and cheese
Plus 1 portion of fruit to follow every day

and for a treat at the weekend - freshly baked still warm wholemeal bread and chocolate spread!!

chipmonkey Wed 23-Mar-05 12:50:10

Cereal and toast
At weekends, pancakes with organic maple syrup. (OK its sugar but at least its organic!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now