Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

any ideas for salmon steaks ?

(10 Posts)
biglips Tue 22-Mar-05 14:02:24

as i havent got a clue? as im starting to cook again (After 4 yrs absence!! DP does all the cooking before i went on maternity leave )

SoupDragon Tue 22-Mar-05 14:07:02

I put courgettes, mushrooms, leeks, garlic, carrot, thyme & olive oil in a big roasting dish, plonk the salmon on top, cover with foil and oven bake for about half an hour at 160 c

I also sprinkle it with salt/pepper and sear it in a grill pan and serve with similar veggies & on a bed of spinach.

Kayleigh Tue 22-Mar-05 14:07:02

Individually wrap them in a loose foil parcel with some lemon juice and a sprinling of dill. Cook in oven for around 20 mins. Delicious with new pots and peas. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

TracyK Tue 22-Mar-05 14:07:40

Tin foil in the oven with some butter and lemon juice and black pepper. Or pan fry in olive oil. or cook in oven then get a stir in fish sauce and top with mashed potatos. or flake cooked through pasta or salad.

colditzmum Tue 22-Mar-05 14:08:32

Mmmmm, lemon and pepper in olive oil, brush on to steaks, and grill. Serve with new pots and sugar snap peas.

DelGirl Tue 22-Mar-05 14:15:43

I usually just pan fry in a little oil with lime or lemon juice, simple.

bundle Tue 22-Mar-05 17:38:55

blanche some fine beans, put them into a roasting tin along with half a dozen anchovies, de-stoned black olives, some whole baby tomatoes, a few cloves of garlic and shove the salmon fillets on top. drizzle with olive oil and lemon. shove in the lemon halves too. 10 mins in a v hot oven should do it but try not to overdo them as they will dry out. yum.

trefusis Tue 22-Mar-05 18:18:33

Message withdrawn

oneofeach Tue 22-Mar-05 18:20:06

Grill or bake them and half way through stick a big blob of pesto on them. Serve with roasted veg and a hunk of bread or mash and veg.

biglips Wed 23-Mar-05 12:35:04

yum yum yum.... sounds all gorgeous! ill be making it tonight esp soupdragon's recipe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now