Talk

Advanced search

Busy/Lazy Mum Needs Help With Food For 6 Month Old Please

(3 Posts)
melon1 Mon 21-Mar-05 21:33:37

My dd is just over 6 months old and has been having jars of pureed fruit and vegetables for about a month, which she takes fine, and I'd like to start giving her foods that are 'lumpier'. What foods can she have that we eat - I really worry about how much salt things have in them. She is dairy free at the moment because it seems to be helping her eczema (developed at 2 months) and I also don't give her tomatoey things. I work during the day so would be grateful for any suggestions for meals that are quick and easy (don't have too much time to make things from scratch!) - thanks in advance.x

Chuffed Tue 22-Mar-05 15:45:11

Melon what sort of food do you eat for meals? We just tended to blend/mash a portion of what we were having. Soups with tiny lumpy bits of bread is good for introducing lumps but you will need to make the soups yourself to start with. I used to do a bit of cooking on a Sunday and put it in ice cube trays and then mix them up. Say a cube of broccoli, cube of carrot, cube of mashed potato for example. Maybe make one or two veges a bit lumpier and mix them with smoother ones to start with.
It is hard isn't it?

MrsBigD Tue 22-Mar-05 16:19:40

melon to get things lumpier for ds I just added some baby rice for starters as he doesnt really like baby mush. He'd much rather eat my toast, banana or edge of a pizza to chew on. he's 7 months now

I just ply him with pure food like potato carrots etc and boil them soft so he can gum to death. I did have a thread on this the other day as I was begging for suggestions... \link{http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=4&threadid=64254&stamp=050316220051 \here}

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now