Just found this anyone ever tried fish and jam?
Mackerel and tart gooseberries are often combined in classic French cuisine; it's not surprising when you discover that the French word for gooseberry is 'groseille a màquereau', or mackerel currant. Serve the fish with crusty granary bread.
To serve 2 people you will need the following:
2 large fresh mackerel
2oz/55g oats seasoned with salt and pepper
Olive oil for frying
200g Gooseberry Jam
Pinch of nutmeg
1. Trim, clean and fillet the mackerel (or ask your fishmonger to do this)
2. Dip the mackerel fillets in the seasoned oats.
3. Heat a little oil in large frying/grill pan.
4. Cook for 8-10 minutes turning once.
5. Meanwhile heat the jam with 2 tablespoon of water and the nutmeg and bring to a gentle boil for a minute or so.
6. Serve the mackerel straight from the pan with the gooseberry sauce.