Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

healthy but quick

(9 Posts)
fostermum Thu 17-Mar-05 11:10:13

has anyone got any ideas for a quick but heathy low fat meal? any ideas much appreciated.

charleepeters Thu 17-Mar-05 11:11:53

sorry that was from me was logged in as my mum

sacha3taylor Thu 17-Mar-05 11:25:36

Pasta with tomoto sauce (onion, garlic, tomoto puree and mushrooms and a tin of chopped tomotoes) Or tuna pasta with extra low fat mayo.

charleepeters Thu 17-Mar-05 13:46:56

bump

bundle Thu 17-Mar-05 13:53:36

cook veg - peppers, broc, mushrooms, babysweetcorn, peas etc pref by steaming (or stirfry in minimal olive oil) and mix in with cooked brown rice of pasta and a good dash of either lemon juice n chilli or soy sauce

charleepeters Thu 17-Mar-05 13:58:55

thanks i need as many suggestions a poss trying to loose a few pounds after having ds 6 motnhs ago thought i had better start! i get lost when it comes to dinner i dont have alot of time to spend in the kitchen so all ideas are a great help!

bundle Thu 17-Mar-05 17:15:36

baked potatoes with low cal fillings, tabbouleh, wraps with loads of salady stuff plus a little grilled chicken & yoghurt. god i'm making myself hungry!

Tipex Thu 17-Mar-05 20:53:30

chicken breasts with a little pocket cut in and a spread of lowest fat philedelphia in, lay on a bed of chopped celery/onions and mushrooms and wrap in foil, cook about 20-30mins. Creates its own liquid. If feeling naughty can wrap them in bacon (use lean back and cut off fat) and secure with cocktail sticks if necessary.

Or, tuna steaks with a bit of soy sauce, pan fry using just a couplks of sprays of spray oil.

Or, veg soup, dry fry the veg, add stock, cook then liquidise. Add some skim milk after when heating thru to make it a bit creamier.

Or, various chopped veg/onion, dry fried. Can also add some pieces of chicken breast and also brown in pan. Put in dish with a bit of pasta, and add can of cambells low fat condensed soup eg mushroom or chicken , add bit of stock, stir all together and put in oven with foil lid.

Lean lamb, perhaps cut forma leg steaks, cut into bite sized pieces, mix with harissa paste (spicy, from supermarket spice rack) and fry dry until cooked. seerve in pittas with salad and natural low fat yoghurt.

kama Thu 17-Mar-05 21:08:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now