Talk

Advanced search

Not getting a pint a day!!

(7 Posts)
littlerach Wed 16-Mar-05 14:20:42

DD2 doesn't get a pint a day, she is 7 months and has never really drank much milk.
Which foods shoulkd I concentrate on, eg yoghurt for calcium, and how much???
Thank you!

helsi Wed 16-Mar-05 14:38:36

DD was exactly the same - not a great milk lover. I used to measure out a pint in the morning then sneak it into food such as mashed potato, porridge, sugar free angel delight etc. I also gave her it in forms of cheese - grated on potatoes or in cubes as finger food and in yoghurts too. try and sneakily get the milk in if you can.

evasmom Wed 16-Mar-05 16:03:03

my dd has never been very good with milk - tends to go from loving it and drinking every drop to (more often) having one or two oz's then refusing the rest - I did similar to helsi, porridge for breakfast, cheese added to most things!! and yoghurts (although now realise prob gave wrong ones as I gave petit filous!!see previous post "oops")

jackeroo Wed 16-Mar-05 16:19:08

ditto with ds and not much milk at times... i try to add greek yoghurt to lots of things esp fruits... also the 'laughing cow' cheese triangles are a good finger food, and melted cheese on veggies... cheese and milk added to scrambled egg are good too.

KathH Wed 16-Mar-05 16:33:50

ds 1 (now 6) used to hate milk so i used to hide it in everything - pasta & veg with cheese sauce, banana mixed with milk, veggies mixed with milk, cheese triangles, weetabix was good cos it used to soak up loads of milk, yoghurts and he was another petit filous baby! (oops)

PrettyCandles Wed 16-Mar-05 17:11:01

Green veg (but, oddly enough not cooked or served with milk foods) and seeds and pulses are also good sources of calcium.

littlerach Thu 17-Mar-05 09:58:28

Thanks everyone, will try all of these.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now