Talk

Advanced search

Urgent - Receipe for cupcake icing needed

(4 Posts)
Wills Sun 09-Mar-03 09:09:48

Hi,

Help. I found a recipe for cupcakes but at the end it simply states "pour on the icing". Great - how do I make runny icing that will set solid? Its my dd's party this afternoon so I need to get on with this asap if anyone has any ideas I'll be very grateful. Thanks

P.S. I'm off to find a dictionary to spell receipe because nothing here looks right!

prufrock Sun 09-Mar-03 09:22:07

Wills - just icing sugar and water- it will set - honest. I use water that is just off boiling. About 150g sugar to 1 tbsp - you want a fairly thick paste that *just* pours. Alternatively - send dh to the shops pronto for a pack of instant royal icing

Ghosty Sun 09-Mar-03 10:00:43

Altenatively you could use icing sugar and lemon juice instead of water - makes it a little more interesting ... I never measure it out but put in little drops of juice at a time with a bowl full fo icing sugar and mix to get the consistency that I need (icing sugar needs very little liquid to make a paste)

Wills Sun 09-Mar-03 11:10:03

Done it. Thanks for the help. Had to do two loads as I underestimated the quantity of icing sugar to the number of cakes so I tried it with lemon as well. I now have loads of delicate pink cakes with tonnes of decorations. Wont win any elegance prizes but my daughter loves them.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: