Talk

Advanced search

Annabel Karmel's recipe for fish pie?

(6 Posts)
PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 15-Mar-05 14:03:48

I can't find my book, I have to cook a load of fish I bought on special offer today.

I'm sure she's got a fish pie recipe that I've made before (and was v nice), can someone with the book post it on here for me ?

TIA

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 15-Mar-05 16:38:48

bump

I've got another recipe if no-one can help, but I'd prefer to do the one that's tried and tested!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Mar-05 16:44:04

Joy's Fish Pie (from AK Baby, Toddler blah blah)

250g/8oz each cod and salmon fillets, skinned
600ml/1pint milk
4 peppercorns, 1 bayleaf and a parsley stalk
60g/2oz butter
1 onion finely chopped
3 tbsp flour
1tsp mustard powder
125g/4oz frozen peas
125g/sweetcorn
60g/2oz grated cheddar
1 tbsp snipped chives
salt and pepper to taste.

750g/1.5lbs potatoes cut into chunks
4 tbsp milk
large knob of butter
salt and pepper to taste

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Mar-05 16:48:13

Put the fish in a shallow pan with the milk, peppercorns and herbs. Bring to the boik, then cover and cook for 5 mins or until fish flakes easily. Remove the fish, starin the milk and reserve. Flake the fish with a fork and set aside. Melt the butter in a small pan, add the onion and saute until softened. Stir in the flour to make a paste and cook for 1min. Gradually add the strained milk, stirring until the sauce thickens. Mix in the mustard, peas, sweetcorn, chives and most of the cheddar (keep 2 tbsp to sprinkle over the finished dish). Cook for 4 mins. Season and add the fish. Put the mixture in a 28X18cm (11X7in) ovenproof dish. Drain and mash the potatoes. Add milk, butter and seasoning. Spread the potato over the fish, making peaks with a fork. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook in the preheated oven for 25mins.

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 15-Mar-05 17:20:58

Thank you, thank you Marslady .

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 15-Mar-05 17:22:08

You are more than welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now