Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

buffet recipes and ideas please

(14 Posts)
sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 11:04:05

i want to do a buffet style thing over easter and just wondered if anyone had any ideas of what to do and anything thats quick and easy. just want varied opinions please, as i 'll be catering for all sorts.
also does anyone have recipe for vodka jelly?
not sure how much to use and what things i need
thanks

dyzzidi Mon 14-Mar-05 11:12:18

Iceland do have a big selection of easy solutions fo a buffet. Also we normally do a huge lasagne and a couple of Pasta dishes one cheesy one tomato a massive bowl of salad and loads of french/garlic bread as this can be done the day before and served with minimum fuss.

sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 11:15:07

what a great idea.thanks and pasta is so easy too. i forgot what great stuff iceland do. might have to pop down there at the weekend
thanks

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 14-Mar-05 11:16:40

Ooohh do Eton Mess for a desert.

It went down a treat for dd's birthday.

It's just crushed merangues (sp) which you could buy or make yourself and mix together with raspberries, strawberries and double cream.

Throw it all in a big bowl and let everyone help themselves!

sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 11:19:44

ha ha what a funny name for it. making me hungry now!

PinkWebby Mon 14-Mar-05 11:20:32

M & S sell little round biscuits and if you put some cream cheese on it with a little smoked salmon on the top and sprinkle with fennel they look affect and they are yummy.

sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 11:30:24

these ideas are great as also i dont have too much money to spend at mo. think icelands gonna be my best bet although i don t mind cooking so if anyone has any things i can make from scratch that would be good too. do people still do cheese and pineapple on sticks?

dyzzidi Mon 14-Mar-05 11:31:15

and my personal favourite sausage rolls

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 14-Mar-05 11:34:54

Yeah, cheese on sticks are fab. If you do the Eton Mess you can get your Raspberries frozen from Iceland in a tub.

We got some serving platters from Asda and they were only pence. We got them in 2003 and used them for dd's christening. We still have them now.

littlemissbossy Mon 14-Mar-05 11:40:49

Vodka jelly LOL ... that's taken me back a few years. It's a bit trial and error to get the strength right TBH - cut the jelly pieces into squares and dissolve in a minimal amount of boiling water, then top up with the vodka and leave to set- oh and don't let the kids near this for god sake

sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 11:41:28

thanks!! im making a note of all of this!!!

sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 11:43:06

i wanna make sure people have a good time and ive heard this stuff is quite good.want sure how you made it as to whethe it will set or not or if i needed to add something else

jane313 Mon 14-Mar-05 11:48:09

I saw this on a very old delia smith programme. Use cherry tomatoes, pesto and mozerella. Cut tomatoes in half and hollow out a bit if poss. Put one half on cocktail stick, fill with pesto, then put a cube of mozerella on it, then the other half of the tomato with pesto. They were a bit messy bit held together better than I thought and were very yummy and everyone complimented me on them.

sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 12:42:39

sounds yummy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now