Talk

Advanced search

tinned sardines - what do I do with them

(7 Posts)
muddleduck Tue 04-Nov-08 15:36:17

Bought these last week in a fit of "we don't eat enough fish".

What do I do with them?

Have vague nostalgic memories of sardines on toast hmm

BTW have just discovered that smoked mackerel blitzed with creme fraiche makes a very yummy dip.

notamumyetbutoneday Tue 04-Nov-08 15:37:18

on a similar dip theme, mix sardines with cream cheese and lemon juice and chives for a nice spread. Warning! do not breathe on people afterwards!

sphil Tue 04-Nov-08 15:41:20

You can do a similar thing with the sardines - mix with cream cheese/lemon juice to make a pate. Or fish pasta - sardines, broccoli (or any green veg), pasta, scatter some toasted walnuts or pine nuts and/or seeds on the top. Bit of extra olive oil for lubrication, lemon juice maybe. Dh and I eat this when we've got nothing in the fridge and always end up wondering why we don't eat it more often.

sphil Tue 04-Nov-08 15:41:21

You can do a similar thing with the sardines - mix with cream cheese/lemon juice to make a pate. Or fish pasta - sardines, broccoli (or any green veg), pasta, scatter some toasted walnuts or pine nuts and/or seeds on the top. Bit of extra olive oil for lubrication, lemon juice maybe. Dh and I eat this when we've got nothing in the fridge and always end up wondering why we don't eat it more often.

muddleduck Tue 04-Nov-08 15:43:19

are you two the same person?
this dip must be good.

grin

thanks.

NoblesseOblige Tue 04-Nov-08 15:44:00

sardines on toast is nice! grin

notamumyetbutoneday Tue 04-Nov-08 15:44:05

snap sphil! but dont get your hopes up muddleduck- its good but it ain't that good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now