Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can't stop eating-am starving constantly, even after dinner-save me from my whaley self!

(14 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Mon 03-Nov-08 22:45:05

I don't know why but I suddenly cannot stop eating. I am food obsessed, all I think about is food, I can't concentrate on anything else and cannot stop eating-am worried that I will suddenly put on a lot of weight-how do I stop this fascination with food?

katch Mon 03-Nov-08 22:45:57

Are you particularly stressed atm?

Pawslikepaddington Mon 03-Nov-08 22:50:34

Not overly-have a lot on but I always have a lot on! grin Have moved house and I hate the new house, but that is the only thing that has changed. I've got through so much junk in the past week-am truly shock-I've eaten a double pack of custard creams and an xmas tube of minstrels in just the past 2 days (alongside LOADS of fruit to offset it obviously!)

skramble Mon 03-Nov-08 22:52:55

I have the munchies too, after dinner I have had 3 bourbons, A mini pack of haribo and a packet of skips and I am ready for more. Thinking smash hmm Sorry not much help but know how you feel. Sometimes it is uncontrolable, I try to drink a glass of water everytime I have an urge and walk back out kitchen, for at least a while anyway.

I think it is stress and depression that controls my urges.

Pawslikepaddington Mon 03-Nov-08 22:54:45

Have kept it to just fruit since dinner as then my tummy will get too sore to eat much more grin. SO glad someone else has the munchies, but your three bourbons does not trump my custard cream double pack grin-haven't had them for years!

PeachyFizzesLikeADampSquibb Mon 03-Nov-08 22:54:59

worms?

sorry. avoiding crisps myself, think the long dark evenings draw us to comfort food.

Pawslikepaddington Mon 03-Nov-08 22:56:14

Don't think it's worms [panic emoticon]-how would I know? God damn you food-am going to hit the chewing gum in a mo!

notnowbernard Mon 03-Nov-08 22:57:23

The only times I have eaten quantities like that is when preggers...

katch Mon 03-Nov-08 22:58:08

This happened to me when we were having an extension and new kitchen.
I got through the building work okay, but then didn't see eye to eye with the kitchen guy (and the work dragged on). I couldn't bear to be in my own house, so would go and buy a sandwich and a giant cake from Tesco's for lunch. Then we had to eat instant food with minimal fresh produce in the evenings, and I would start hitting the bottle at about 6pm. I think the whole thing was a way of letting off steam.
The thing was, I was constantly starving, and I put on nearly 2 stones which I'm now slowly losing 2 years on.
It's a shame you hate the new house, but if you really do then I'd say you're stressed - it's easy to underestimate the effect surroundings can have.
I hope you sort it out sooner than I did!

Dior Mon 03-Nov-08 22:58:18

Message withdrawn

Pawslikepaddington Mon 03-Nov-08 23:03:17

Defo not pg-not a man in sight for months grin! Oh god I must curb this-I cannot afford to buy new clothes-am already in jogging pants! IT ..... WILL ...... STOP! Thank you all for not using the fatty/greedy word!

skramble Mon 03-Nov-08 23:04:36

Yes but that was only since dinner, I had more bourbons and pink wafers earlier, limiting myself to some toast and pate for supper now.

Pawslikepaddington Mon 03-Nov-08 23:06:58

Oh Skramble I now love you grin. Oooh, the cream in pink wafers-phwoar!

skramble Mon 03-Nov-08 23:40:38

LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now