Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for meals to freeze

(7 Posts)
katie3677 Mon 03-Nov-08 18:58:05

I'm due to have DC2 in just over a month and remembering how hectic things were after I had DS, have decided to do a massive cook off for the freezer so that DH and DS have some healthy and warming meals to keep them going, only problem is that I am completely at a loss as to what to cook. Does anybody have any recipes that are easy to make and good to freeze? TIA

Nbg Mon 03-Nov-08 19:01:49

Chilli
Chicken Casserole
Beef stew
Soups
Curry
Spag bol
Lasagne

Even meat, you can cook it and just stick it in a bag and bung in the freezer. Its up to you then what you have with it but it cuts down on cooking time.

katch Mon 03-Nov-08 19:04:18

Great idea - just make sure your DH doesn't accidentally switch the freezer off when the baby's 2 days old, like mine did.

SuperBunny Mon 03-Nov-08 19:04:19

Search the archives, there are tons of these threads

PandaG Mon 03-Nov-08 19:06:55

mince base - ie mince, toms, pulses, onions, can then defrost and make into chilli, lasagne or spag bol with little effort

shepherds pie
pasta bakes
ratatouille
autumn pork/redcurrant pork - I do both of these in the slow cooker - does enough for the meal that day and one in the freezer
lamb with apricots

in fact nearly everything I cook I do at least double and put one in the freezer

ilovemydogOBAMAFORPRESIDENT Mon 03-Nov-08 19:10:03

Pasta sauce
Chillis
lasagne
soups
casseroles (tuna, chicken, veg)
fish pie
risotto

katie3677 Mon 03-Nov-08 19:29:55

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. Now I need to clear the freezer a bit to make enough room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now