Talk

Advanced search

I forgot to put yeast in my bread mix...

(10 Posts)
CandleQueen Sat 01-Nov-08 16:39:22

so of course the blardy stuff hasn't risen, but can I still bake with it? What will be the result?

It's been siting here about 24 hours - I've been willing it to rise with the sheer power of my mind. But it hasn't worked...

Any ideas?

CandleQueen Sat 01-Nov-08 16:40:00

Sitting!

RubyShivers Sat 01-Nov-08 16:40:22

LOL at raising it by telepathy smile

it will be like lead surely as it is only flour and water

would chuck it and start again

Furball Sat 01-Nov-08 16:41:51

Don't know the answer to yur question CD sorry but you're nearly as bad as me - I forgot to put the foot thingy in the breadmaker, so when it bleeped 3 1/2 hours later to tell me it was ready, I had lovely hot flour blush

castlesintheair Sat 01-Nov-08 16:44:28

I agree it will be rather unpleasant. Ditch and start again.

I forgot to put eggs in a cake at school in cookery. I still went ahead and presented 2 beautifully iced and filled very flat biscuits to my teacher, much to her horror.

throckenholt Sat 01-Nov-08 16:44:31

bread without yeast it like a brick - not edible at all. I would ditch it and start again.

CandleQueen Sat 01-Nov-08 16:58:15

I was making pizza dough for last night's tea. As soon as I realised I had forgotten the yeast I made another yeasted batch.
Now I have this bowl of dough staring at me and I feel like a wasterel for throwing it, just hoped you ever-inventive MNers would have a recipe.
Alas, ditch it I will.

CandleQueen Sat 01-Nov-08 16:58:54

Just re-read last post, I didn't intend to sound quite so Yoda-esqe!

BBBee Sat 01-Nov-08 17:05:11

haha yodaesque

Tyme Sat 01-Nov-08 18:08:37

You can try making flatbreads/chappatti/tortilla type things with it.

Roll it out into thin circles and cook them on a dry frying pan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now