Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Post operation comfort idea's please!

(4 Posts)
Juliehafrancis Thu 10-Mar-05 19:03:13

My dp has just returned from hospital after having his thyroid out and I am looking for idea's of meals I can cook him in the next week. His throat is very sore so anything like toast is a no no...

I was thinking soups, trifles, cheese and potato pie

Any more idea's from you fab mumnetters?!

Jules x

hunkermunker Thu 10-Mar-05 19:05:12

Poor your DP - hope he's better soon. How about jelly and ice cream?

Tipex Thu 10-Mar-05 21:50:23

My DH loves all the old school dinner type puds like rice pudding; creamola (yellow ground rice dessert, lovely with jam!). What about some fab fruit smoothies in the day or for breakfast. Be good to get the vitamins in him if hes recuperating also.

SilverLining Sat 12-Mar-05 12:34:22

Jules - I could go on for ages but how about really comforting things like sausage and mash (lots of butter and cream in the mash?), a really creamy mild curry with rice, roast chicken with lots of mash and gravy, shepherds pie - in fact mash in general would be a real hit with me! Rice pudding for pud - lots of cream and cooked for AGES in slow oven, I could go on and on and on here - its freezing outside and I could live on this sort of thing right now!!!

Hope he is feeling better soon! SL xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now