Talk

Advanced search

lost the way with a previously good eatter 16months old, good back to basics any good finger food ideas?

(11 Posts)
freespiritfreedom Thu 30-Oct-08 13:32:38

she used to eat so well everything really, she used to love strawberries and bananas and would much on brocolli carrot stick califlower etc.

now her eattings gone down hill.
she won't eat fruit, and turn her nose up at thimgs she used to like, i think we have gone wrong as we have started to let her eat biscuits and cakes etc and she rather have those than say a banana.

so i need to start again.

i think she would go for finger food ideas as she likes to do things for herself.

ilovetochat Thu 30-Oct-08 13:38:21

dd 15 months likes dinners she can eat with her fingers so i break up chunks of fish or meat and noodles and she picks them up. She will spoon feed herself yoghurt or custard. its messy here. smile

freespiritfreedom Thu 30-Oct-08 13:47:07

oh yeah i don't mind mess.
this place is so messy!

ilovetochat Thu 30-Oct-08 13:53:18

dd eats biscuits aswell but only at snack time so she can't substitute dinner for a biscuit.

freespiritfreedom Thu 30-Oct-08 13:54:37

well i think we have messed her eatting right up, when she hasnt eatten her dinner then she gets a biscuit.
so stupid.
i know.

we have been teaching her that if she doesnt eat her tea she geta a biscuit or something.

ilovetochat Thu 30-Oct-08 14:00:53

try giving her a choice of dinner or a sandwich and if she eats neither let her eat neither but give her no treat. Obviously you cant starve her so then after a while playing offer her the choice again. if dd won't eat i put her down from the table and we carry on eating our dinner, she often plays a while and then comes back within 5 minutes and eats something. if that doesn't work then wait a little while till she is hungrier and offer choices of dessert, banana or yoghurt.

freespiritfreedom Thu 30-Oct-08 14:04:55

thanks yeah that i will do.
i thought id posted this in weaning.
going to retry.

i hate it when i get lost with parenting.
sort of fees like we need to eliminate all crap

ilovetochat Thu 30-Oct-08 14:08:24

a bit of crap is ok when balanced by good stuff. dd is often given biscuits at play groups/classes mid morning so when at home i still do this as snack time but don't really encorporate biscuits etc into lunch/dinner time incase she forgoes dinner for snack as you say.

freespiritfreedom Thu 30-Oct-08 14:18:02

thanks for the help.
hopefuly she will eat her tea.

ilovetochat Thu 30-Oct-08 14:19:04

good luck

barnsleybelle Thu 30-Oct-08 14:36:25

I have a wonderful finger food recipe book i got from amazon. Changed my dd's life.
"finger foods for babies and toddlers" by Jennie Maizels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now