Talk

Advanced search

What can I make with minced beef?

(13 Posts)
Pinkjenny Thu 30-Oct-08 09:47:35

I don't feel like making lasagne or spag bol. What can I make for dinner, that is relatively easy, with the minced beef I have in the fridge?

marmaspook Thu 30-Oct-08 09:51:40

meatballs, burgers, shep pie. Or if you are a friends fan you know about the special trifle recipe? <boak>

Pinkjenny Thu 30-Oct-08 09:52:36

Ha ha. Mince? Goooood. Custard? Goooood.
Are burgers easy to make?

beansmum Thu 30-Oct-08 09:52:43

sooooo many things!
burgers
mince pie
chilli
meatballs
curry
sloppy joes

artichokes Thu 30-Oct-08 09:56:17

Tacos or chilli would be my choices.

Pinkjenny Thu 30-Oct-08 09:57:01

Does anyone have any actual recipies for any of these things? I don't like chilli though.

throckenholt Thu 30-Oct-08 09:57:05

mince and veg - whatever you have - with gravy, in the oven for 1.5 hours on lowish heat.

Big favourite in our house, cheap and tasty, and easy.

Hulababy Thu 30-Oct-08 09:59:38

Chilli
Bolognaise
Cottage Pie
Mince beef and onion pie
Burgers
Meatballs

Burgers very easy to make. My 6y helps m mke them so they must be! Just put mince into a bowl and throw in anything else you fancy - finely chopped 0nions, garlic, mushrooms, cheese, etc. Bind with egg. Add some seasoning and/or herbs/spices. Seperate into burgers and leave in fridge for 30 minutes or so. Then cook in oven - 20-30 mins at about 200 degrees. I just use whatever we have in the fridge.

slim22 Thu 30-Oct-08 10:03:39

season and add coked rice and crushed garlic and use as filling for bell peppers.
bake in a dutch oven for 45 mn on a bed of well seasoned tomato sauce (from a ready made jar)

dead easy

Pinkjenny Thu 30-Oct-08 10:15:17

Think I'll try beef burgers!!

Thanks grin

fakeblonde Fri 31-Oct-08 10:53:59

brown the mince with an onion.
Add peas and dollups of gravy, maybe few carrots.
Cook for 40 mins until thick-pour into big casserole dish and top with lots and lots of creamy mashed potato - pop under grill and serve with green beans and daddys brown sauce x

mellabella Fri 31-Oct-08 11:02:35

beef stroganuff:

minced beef-browned with chopped onion and garlic clove
drain fat, add cream of mushroom soup, 1/4 cup of soured cream and tined mushrooms. Simmer 15 minutes. Serve over pasta.

It's my family's favorite recipe. Soo good!

Pinkjenny Fri 31-Oct-08 11:03:22

I made beef burgers, they were delish!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: