Talk

Advanced search

What on earth do I do with the 1 1/2 pork loin chops I have left over???

(9 Posts)
FAQ Wed 29-Oct-08 18:28:18

They're already cooked - don't really want to throw that much away, but it doesn't really look like there's enough to "do" anything with them........

claricebean Wed 29-Oct-08 18:31:56

Cut into strips, mix with fried or roasted red peppers (also in strips), cream, parmesan and pasta.

ComeOVeneer Wed 29-Oct-08 18:34:22

Pork and potato hash.

Sweet and sour pork.

Stir fry

FAQ Wed 29-Oct-08 18:38:41

ok - this may be a bit of a blonde question blush

If I cook something with them tomorrow - can I then freeze that meal (the pork chops had been frozen - uncooked - before I cooked them tonight)......

Those suggestions sound lovely, but I really can't see it stretching for the 3 1/2 (DS3 still on little tiny portions) of us so thinking if I could freeze it then I can have it when the DS's are at exH's.....

ComeOVeneer Wed 29-Oct-08 18:57:50

Just freeze them now and take them out to make something for yourself when they are away.

FAQ Wed 29-Oct-08 18:58:51

lol - the chances of that happening are about - ermm a million to one.......I tend to get lazy and get chips, or eat crap such as noodles when they're away blush.......

ComeOVeneer Wed 29-Oct-08 19:01:33

Should be fine tbh. I know what you mean, the temptation to cheat and not cook is huge, but so would I be if I did that every time dh isn't home for dinner grin

FAQ Wed 29-Oct-08 19:18:16

ahh well you see I'm lucky that exH has them once a fortnight for either one or two nights - so it's only 3/4 times a month I get to eat crap without having to justify to the boys why they're eating healthy stuff and I'm eating rubbish - and it's not enough to make a massive impact on my size grin

lizziemun Wed 29-Oct-08 19:20:45

I would freeze and reheat in gravy when you want to eat them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now