Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Birthday cake for 1 year old

(8 Posts)
Febes Wed 29-Oct-08 17:19:17

Has anyone got a nice recipe and decoration ideas for my DD first birthday. We aren't having a party but wanted to do something to mark the occasion. I would loveto make a shaped cake but have no idea where to start.

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 29-Oct-08 17:20:14

Our local hardware shop rents out number shaped tins, so maybe try your local one of cook shop.

ComeOVeneer Wed 29-Oct-08 17:22:35

I see you are in Surrey, there is a good shop in East Molesey that rents out tins if you are near.

LadyOfRoffle Wed 29-Oct-08 17:24:39

Ebay/hobbycraft do shaped tins. Try googling ideas aswell as looking in the cake section of the library. A madeira I found out is usually the type of cake used, I have no recipe but BBCfood website has some.

Febes Wed 29-Oct-08 17:53:09

I'm in sutton so thats not too far from East Mosley. I never thought of that I was going to use a normal square tin and cut into a 1 shape blush

ComeOVeneer Wed 29-Oct-08 18:04:50

There is a fab shop just of the Tolworth junction of the A3 (Surbiton sugarcraft) which I use for cake supplies too. That would be nearer for you but I don't think he hires out tins only sells them. The East Molesey one (Blue Ribbon) does hire them out.

Febes Wed 29-Oct-08 18:49:02

I know that craft shop. I don't want to buy one though thats a bit keen. I'll look into hiring.

ComeOVeneer Wed 29-Oct-08 19:42:14

Then go to blue ribbons

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now