Talk

Advanced search

Have I just been unlucky or have standards at Ocado slipped a lot lately?

(8 Posts)
ohdearwhatamess Wed 29-Oct-08 14:19:12

I used to have food delivered by Ocado and was really impressed - always on time or early (but phoned to warn if they were early), no substitutions, often extra freebies thrown in.

After a couple of year's gap I'm using them again (it being impossible to shop with 2 young dcs), and I'm a bit disappointed. They've only been on time once (out of about ten occasions), which seems to make choosing a specific hourly slot pointless. Usually they're an hour or more late. Today they're going to be 8 hours late (power cut - out of their hands, I guess). I get lots of substitutions (usually decline most as they're not what I want, but it throws meal planning out of the window). A fair number of damaged packets and broken eggs (which get refunded, but I want to eat them), etc. And delivery charges have gone up a lot this week.

I still keep using them because I want the products that they sell, but am curious to know if this was a general trend?

Maybe I p**d them off in some way.grin

twentynine Wed 29-Oct-08 19:56:23

I've given up with them. They simply stopped stocking a lot of the things I wanted

Also they have hoiked up their delivery prices haven't they - have you seen the christmas prices shock

Mine are always two hours early though because I always book the 11pm slot to make sure the children are asleep first and so he always arrives while I'm still chasing kids round hmm

stayinbed Wed 29-Oct-08 19:58:23

i find their service on and off - for a few weeks its fine, then another few weeks they are early/late/missing things.

agree delivery prices have gone up.

have stopped ordering any produce from them after they have brought nothing but rotten produce...

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Wed 29-Oct-08 19:59:40

Hmm. I ordered an apple pie last week and they bought a frozen banoffee pie instead. I had to let it defrost as I have no space in the freezer. I had to eat it myself as ds didn't like it and it was more expensive. They have never substituted before. I was annoyed.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCakeAvena Wed 29-Oct-08 20:01:02

Had some chicken legs with choritzo in them aswell, I opened them before the use by date and they smelt off so I had to throw them away.

ClaireDeLoon Wed 29-Oct-08 20:02:44

I've never had massive problems with out of stock stuff, only a couple of items the odd time. And they are very rarely late for me, in fact they often ring to ask if they can deliver early.

Their delivery charges do seem to have hiked but I just prepaid a years delivery charges for £99. Quite useful as have had broken foot so have been having deliveries every 5 days, plus you get one free Christmas week delivery at £9.99. I know it means I have to keep shopping with them for a year but I wasn't planning to change anyway.

poppy34 Wed 29-Oct-08 20:04:30

They went through a bad spell here at beginning of year but got better - had a couple of times where they were late/stuff was damaged but tehy were so apolgetic and have improved

Re delivery prices - have you got the thing where you can block book deliveries for a certain amount - works out a lot cheaper if you do it that way

southeastalien Wed 29-Oct-08 20:06:14

there was a major power cut today in the area where they pack, totally out of their hands, there is another thread about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now