Talk

Advanced search

Museli - which one is best

(8 Posts)
DippyDora Wed 29-Oct-08 12:39:30

I want to give dd (nearly 1) Museli, which one is best?

Anna8888 Wed 29-Oct-08 12:45:30

I didn't give my DD muesli so young - little children don't need as much roughage as adults and I didn't think it appropriate. Plus I would be very worried about choking.

DippyDora Wed 29-Oct-08 14:09:05

OK, maybe I should leave it for now

gingerninja Wed 29-Oct-08 14:13:29

My DD has museli and has done from probably this age. We use Jordons unsugared and unsalted stuff. I take out the big nuts and I use orange juice or water on it (don't like milk) let it sit for a minute or two so it's soft and then tuck in. They eat other stuff with lumps so can't see why museli would pose a specific choking hazard.

DippyDora Wed 29-Oct-08 14:20:41

Thanks ginger, I wanted to try something different as dd is getting bored of porridge/redy brek/weetabix

puffylovett Wed 29-Oct-08 14:21:52

me too, we go for the jordans organic, I crush up the nuts and add some dates and dried apricots and he has it with rice milk (don't do milk either !) Been doing since he was about your dd's age

AmIWhatAndWhy Wed 29-Oct-08 14:22:34

I don't see the problem with it either?

I make my own, a big bag of oats, seeds, mixed dried fruit and chopped up dried apple rings and banana slices from Holland and Barret. I tend to put it into bowls the night before with milk and a dollop of honey stirred through and keep it in the fridge to soften.

DippyDora Wed 29-Oct-08 14:25:14

I think I will give it a go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now