Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sauce for meatballs.....

(9 Posts)
lulumama Sun 26-Oct-08 20:39:23

remember having lovely meatballs recently in a delish sauce.. it definitely had beef stock and tomato in it.. don;t know waht else.. anyone got any ideas? it was a smooth almost broth like sauce..

ta x

lulumama Sun 26-Oct-08 21:10:35

anyone ? please x

shinyshoes Sun 26-Oct-08 21:14:56

www.waitrose.com/recipe/Organic_Meatballs_In_A_Fennel_And_Tomato_Sauce.aspx

something like this?? you can leave out the fennel if you like

lulumama Sun 26-Oct-08 21:16:10

that sounds pretty good, thank you smile

shinyshoes Sun 26-Oct-08 21:16:51

was it bought in a shop, or did youi make it??

Could it have been the M and S dine in for a tenner? I have bought the meatballs one a couple of months back and haven't had a chance to try it yet

lulumama Sun 26-Oct-08 21:24:20

no, it was something homemade, but can;t remember who made it for us!

Ivegotaheadache Mon 27-Oct-08 11:50:26

I would make the meatballs and cook them separately til done, then for the sauce I use 2 cans chopped tomatoes sieved so only the juice goes into the pan, add some buillion stock powder, tomato puree, bit pepper, maybe some mixed herbs - put the meatballs into the sauce and simmer for a while.

expatinscotland Mon 27-Oct-08 11:52:52

i serve them with gravy and mashed tatties, too

mabel1973 Mon 27-Oct-08 11:57:06

i usually fry an onion and garlic, maybe add a few mushrooms, celery and grated carrot (depends on how many veggies I am try to cram into the DS's), add a tin of chopped tomatoes, some tomato puree and sometimes add a spoon of vegetable bouillon, or a dollop of brown sauce, to give it a bit of extra flavour and leave it cook down. You can always blitz it in a blender if you want it smooth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now