Talk

Advanced search

christmas presents

(7 Posts)
glenthorpe Sun 26-Oct-08 01:00:14

my son wants to make food things for xmas presents.he has decided going out and buying more things for people/friends who already have enough things is pointless.i actually agree with him.so,he wants to make pickled eggs/onions/chutney and some kind of sweet like tablet or fudge to give to friends.i've said that i will do it with him,2 men in the kitchen,maybe not the best idea!
has any one got some mega simple highly impressive recipes for 2 kitchen virgins?
thanks for any help

Yorky Sun 26-Oct-08 09:28:33

Good for him! and you

I would avoid pickle/chutney type jammy things as I have never managed to get them to set!

You don't say how old he is, fudge a bit scary as boiling sugar but there was a nice simple recipe on MN for cinder toffee recently.

I assume he thinks marzipan sweets is cooking for babies?

ShinyPinkPumpkin Sun 26-Oct-08 09:31:34

You can make the most delicious chocolate truffles very easily. There are some ideas on this site with lots of lovely recipes and ideas!

ShinyPinkPumpkin Sun 26-Oct-08 09:32:27

Gifts from the kitchen

christiana Sun 26-Oct-08 09:32:41

Message withdrawn

ShinyPinkPumpkin Sun 26-Oct-08 09:38:05

This hot chocolate set is a lovely idea

glenthorpe Sun 26-Oct-08 23:22:35

My son is adult but still likes doing things together,for which We are delighted.We did go through a very sticky patch with him over unsuitable friends a while back but we are now back to our usual relationship in which he calls me the old f*rt and still wants to horseplay around trying to pretend he is the stronger!
Thanks for your help,we are to start cooking next week to my partner's huge surprise,I only hope the dishwasher is working well
regards
glen

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: