Talk

Advanced search

what does your 7 months old baby have for breakfast?

(17 Posts)
sasa15 Tue 08-Mar-05 21:24:47

Any idea...I'm giving ds creamy oat porridge from Henz..........or cereal with 3 oz of formula and he drink another 3 oz of formula,
is that enough?

he then has lunch at 11.45

I don't think is enough, he likes to eat...what else I can give to him?

maybe that's the reason why he doesn't sleep well for nap in the afternoon sometimes only half an hour....

Gobbledigook Tue 08-Mar-05 21:26:40

Why don't you give him Weetabix? You can give it from 6 months and it's quite filling. And if he's still hungry some wholemeal toast soldiers.

Re the formula - my ds3 is 6 months and I'm finding he is rubbish on his morning bottle - only ever drinks 3-4oz of it so I'm giving him breakfast too. He too is on the Heinz oaty porridge but as soon as the pack has run out it'll be Weetabix!

moondog Tue 08-Mar-05 21:28:56

Weetabix,Weetabix,Weetabix.
God, should have shares in it.
Also porridge and quite often natural yoghurt.
Just started doing an omelette, chopping it up and putting it on his tray.He loves that.

mmmmchocolate Tue 08-Mar-05 21:29:09

Hi, just trying to get in to a breakfast routine with my dd who is 6 1/2 months: I give her a bottle when she wakes then breakfast an hour later... easier like this

7am Bottle 60z
8am Breakfast - Creamy porriage (sometimes mix yoghurt in)
10.30 Bottle 6oz
1.00 Lunch
3.30 Bottle 4oz
5.00 Tea
7pm Bottle 8oz

Any help?

Bozza Tue 08-Mar-05 21:29:28

I always gave mine ready brek with pureed prunes and then wholemeal toast. But at this age I was giving early morning breastfeed and also mid morning bottle at about 10-10.30 with lunch at 12.

anchovies Tue 08-Mar-05 21:31:18

Or readybrek is another good one. TBH though my DS never really likedweetabix or readybrek until he was a bit older, had to stick with the packet breakfasts.

If he's still hungry I give him some fruit (a mashed banana?) or a yoghurt.

anchovies Tue 08-Mar-05 21:31:38

sorry im sooooo slow!!!!

sasa15 Tue 08-Mar-05 21:39:39

great...!

sasa15 Tue 08-Mar-05 21:39:51

thank you

sasa15 Wed 09-Mar-05 07:25:05

just tried banana on toast soldier...
just had a bit and play with those in the highchair...

is it because is not hungry?

would he eat eventually?

jackeroo Wed 09-Mar-05 09:15:53

DS (now 9 months) has been having variations of the same for past few months and loves it: avocado, banana, greek yoghurt whizzed together on half a weetabix and milk...

jackeroo Wed 09-Mar-05 10:16:50

forgot to say - i give him breakfast about 2 hours after his early morning bottle so he's builtl up an appetite... if i give him toast he tends to play with it and suck it but not eat much of it either - he still likes his soft foods more.

TracyK Wed 09-Mar-05 10:35:52

I still give ds a full bottle of milk when he wakes as we don't go downstairs for a couple of hours - then he maybe has a couple of squares of toast but not much else.
If they play with it - i reckon they're not that hungry.
eggy bread is always a favourite - but usually save that for dinner time.
My ds always napped better if he had a full tummy. so even after lunch I would offer him milk and let him drink as much as he wanted.

sweetkitty Thu 10-Mar-05 09:33:53

I'm going to try DD on eggy bread now for lunch!!!

She has (7.5 months)

5am BF (sometimes BF at 3 if she awakes)
8-9am half a weetabix and milk
10.30-11 BF
12-1 lunch 6 cubes of veg or little pot of something I've made and half a banana and 2 tablespoons of greek yoghurt
4pm BF
5.30pm dinner again like lunch
7.30pm BF

I always offer a BF at 11 and 4pm but sometimes she's on about 5 minutes and starts sucking her thumb instead!

She either has weetabix (which she first didn't liek now loves ) or ready brek all the little packet breakfasts I looked at had far too much sugar in them.

Dumpy Sat 16-Apr-05 15:10:20

For breakfast, I give my 7.5 month old, Ready Brek with either a mashed banana mixed in, or chuck a few frozen rasberries in and stir until dissolves! She loves it!

docket Sat 16-Apr-05 15:13:30

what kind of milk do you put on the weetabix / readybrek? cows? or breast/formula?

highlander Sat 16-Apr-05 20:45:40

3 tablespoons (dry) of Heinz organic oatmeal cereal made to a runny gloop with EBM, plus one icecube of pear puree. Plus loads of booby before and after obviously

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now