Talk

Advanced search

Salmon fillets on special in Sainsburys.....any ideas please ?

(7 Posts)
VaginaShmergina Thu 23-Oct-08 22:38:33

Four lovely sized pieces for £5 at the moment, I was thinking about poaching, but adding which ingredients and for how long etc

cyteen Thu 23-Oct-08 22:40:51

I can't help with poaching, but a nice way with salmon is painting honey and grain mustard over the top, then caking on lots of crushed black pepper and roasting the fillets in a very hot oven for about ten minutes.

/tangent

policywonk Thu 23-Oct-08 22:47:41

I brush them with a bit of oil, add salt/pepper/dill and parcel them up in foil, then put in hot oven for about 15 mins.

Overmydeadbody Fri 24-Oct-08 14:18:00

you could:

poach in milk and then use the milk to make a white sauce. Nice with new potatoes or for a fish pie.

or wrap in foil and bake, with any flavourings added to the foil pouch (garlic, herbs, slices of lemon, butter, olive oil, olives and sundried tomatoes)

Or salmon en croute: finely chop muchrooms and saute with butter and garlic until very soft. Spread mushrooms on top of puff pastry (raw), add the salmon fillet and wrap up the pastry around it like a parsel. I love this.

Or you could roast them in the oven and serve with roasted veg.

Or bake it and once cooked flake it into stir-fried vegetables and serve with rice.

Or bake it and break it up and serve with tagliatelle, cream and dill.

SqueakyPop Fri 24-Oct-08 14:18:48

Marinade in soy sauce and grill (BBQ)

VaginaShmergina Fri 24-Oct-08 17:54:51

mmmmmmm am liking these ideas very much, thankyou smile

Freckle Fri 24-Oct-08 17:56:46

I love to coat them in Cajun spices and then dry fry them. Delish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now