Talk

Advanced search

Can someone post their slow cooker chicken curry recipe, ASAP please.

(4 Posts)
babycat Thu 23-Oct-08 10:56:36

Bought a slow cooker for £10 from Tesco the other day grin. I made a sausage and bean casserole yesterday which turned out ok. Want to make a chicken curry in it for tonight but need to get it going fairly soon. I don't have any recipes for the slow cooker so hoping for some ideas. I have some chicken thighs and storecupboard spices etc. Hope someone can help smile.

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 23-Oct-08 11:15:56

I haven't got a slow cooker, but here is my favourite and basic chicken curry recipe which you may be able to adapt...

1 or 2 onions medium chopped fried with plenty of garlic finely chopped.

Add chicken in whatever size required (thighs are my fave for this) and brown on the outside.

Add curry powder to taste - I usually use a couple of big table spoonfuls... and fry for a couple of mins to get the spices going.

Add some chicken or veg stock for half the quantity of liquid you want.

Then EITHER add tinned tomatoes OR milk depending on whether you want a tomatoey curry or a creamier one. If using the milk you probably want to just cook the curry in stock and then add the milk and heat through just before serving.

I think this would work ok in a slow cooker as you could just start everything off in the same order and leave it on slow.

Curry is always better when it has matured a bit smile

Off to look at £10 slow cookers at Tesco...

babycat Thu 23-Oct-08 11:38:12

Thank you. That sounds like the sort of thing I'm after. Need to make it fairly mild as want to give it to DD (21 months). Apparently Asda have slow cookers for about £7 but as I was in Tesco I got this one. Seems a decent size 3.2l and it's oval rather than round so better for joints of meat I believe. May end up being left on a shelf for years like the juicer and sandwich toaster once the novelty wears off but for £10 it's worth the risk blush!

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 23-Oct-08 11:45:45

That's true - I have the juicer but not a sandwich toaster, but could be tempted by a £10 slow cooker for the winter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now