Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to get a crispy skin on a chicken.

(7 Posts)
falcon Tue 21-Oct-08 22:08:33

I'm planning on making Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic for a dinner party. I've made it before and while it was delicious the skin could have been crispier.

Does anyone have any tips for getting a really crispy skin?

TheArmadillo Tue 21-Oct-08 22:09:41

take foil off for last bit of cooking. Rub olive oil or butter over skin before you put it in oven.

TheMoistWorldOfSquelchedBrains Tue 21-Oct-08 22:22:03

Plenty of fat & start off at high temp (say 220 degrees), turning down after 20 minutes or so

Kally Wed 22-Oct-08 05:21:20

Crispy skin ... lard, and really hot at first. Same with roast potatoes. Nothing crisps up better than lard. grin

traceybath Wed 22-Oct-08 06:45:16

Well heston blumenthal deep fried his for a bit in his perfect series but i just tend to season well and rub in olive oil.

Also start as Moist said at high temp and then turn down.

pipsy76 Wed 22-Oct-08 06:52:14

20 minutes upside down really hot, then turn over and cook at normal temp for remaining time

scaryteacher Wed 22-Oct-08 11:42:29

I cook mine at 180 for 1 hour and baste with the juices that come out - and it's normally crispy. I don't put any oil or fat on it thought. Sometimes I put parma ham on the breast and roast, and then remove and put the bird back in for another 20 minutes, and that gets it nice and brown as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now