Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dates..

(7 Posts)
cyphercat Tue 21-Oct-08 18:25:22

Okay. We have been BLW since she was 6 months old and she is a very good eater. But she insists on having dates as snack all day. She knows where I keep them and will shout dates dates dates..till I give them to her.

MurderousMarla Tue 21-Oct-08 18:26:35

hmm say no? I can't imagine how bad for her teeth they are.

cyphercat Tue 21-Oct-08 19:03:50

oh....well I didn't really think about her teeth.. That's true. I don't say no too often..especially if it's food. I guess disciplinarian has to step in..I thought maybe that should start a little later. She does play with her food awful lots as well. Putting her pear into cups..eating sauces with her fingers..

MurderousMarla Tue 21-Oct-08 19:04:41

How old is she? Instead of just 'no' what about 'have this instead'?

cyphercat Tue 21-Oct-08 19:21:54

she is 16 months old

MurderousMarla Tue 21-Oct-08 19:55:23

My DS is younger, 12 months, but I think I'd go for distraction and offer other things - I don't think I'd let her eat them non stop, mainly for her teeth, but you're the adult, she can shout dates all she likes but you don't have to give them to her. My DS would eat nothing but banana's if I let him... luckily for me he can't say the word yet!

cyphercat Thu 23-Oct-08 12:59:37

that's true. I sometimes become THE SLAVE and start feeling sorry for myself. I've got to remind myself I'm the leader I'm the leader...okay thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now