Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Curry for a 11 mth old - how do I make it?

(8 Posts)
Holymoly321 Tue 21-Oct-08 18:01:51

Right, I've got some sweet potatoes, a butternut squash, some coconut milk, mild curry powder and a tiny bit of fresh ginger. How do I make a curry for my 11mth old that I can batch cook and freeze? I also have tinned tomatoes

milliemayhem Tue 21-Oct-08 23:17:00

Christ, you're brave! But saying that i wish i'd persevered with the spicy more flavoursome foods when i was weaning DS. He baulks at the first hint of spice. Can't give you a recipe, but good luck. Don't give up or you'll end up with a fuss ass like mine!

Aitch Tue 21-Oct-08 23:19:12

clovesgive a nice warnmth

suwoo Tue 21-Oct-08 23:19:46

All those things in a pan, stir still cooked wink. Its really that simple. Good on you with the proper food, he/she'll love it.

Aitch Tue 21-Oct-08 23:27:45

i'd fry first with an onuion.

milliemayhem Tue 21-Oct-08 23:30:43

Apricots give a nice flavour with chicken, may not be as rich as the coconut milk.

Holymoly321 Wed 22-Oct-08 12:38:13

thanks all - will give it a go. Hopefully he'll like it as he's already tried some of our kormas and like them in the past!

Horton Wed 22-Oct-08 12:52:18

Fry onion until a bit browned, add a little bit of spice and some grated ginger (garlic would also be good at this point), Add tinned toms and chunks of squash and sweet potato, simmer until done. Or add the coconut milk and simmer until done. Personally I wouldn't put both in. If you want tomato in with the coconut, I'd peel and chop a few fresh ones. The flavour goes much better. Fresh coriander added at the end would be nice, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now