Talk

Advanced search

Pumpkin soup recipes ?

(7 Posts)
cmotdibbler Tue 21-Oct-08 13:48:36

Pref really orange and tasty please ! I promised DS we'd get a pumpkin, and want to make soup with him afterwards

nellynaemates Tue 21-Oct-08 14:05:50

Hmm. I made a very tasty pumpkin soup last week but it wasn't very orange by the time it was cooked....

I sauteed some onions and garlic til soft, added about 6 or 7 medium potatoes, a small pumpkin (took forever to peel and cut), water, small amount of vegetable bouillon, bit of marmite (my magic ingredient in everything...) and some thyme.

Added some double cream after it had cooked (for about 30 minutes). I then mashed it up.

Was very tasty but not orange, sorry!

GooseyLoosey Tue 21-Oct-08 14:13:29

Medium pumpkin, 1 onion, several cloves of garlic, 2 leaks, 2 sticks of celery, tin of sweetcorn and vegetable stock. Not very orange either, but tastes lovely.

forevercleaning Tue 21-Oct-08 14:15:05

that valentine whoever he is did a nice one on 'what we eat now' bbc 2 the other week. there will be his recipes on the beeb website.

cmotdibbler Wed 22-Oct-08 08:52:01

Those both sound nice - I was only thinking of really orange to amuse the children on Saturday as we won't be doing much on the Halloween front otherwise. They'll prefer tasty soup than orange though !

Indith Wed 22-Oct-08 08:55:20

Had yummy soup the other day, roasted the pumpkin in oil and seasoning, softened onion in a pan with herbs, added the roast pumpkin and some stock and simmered. Shoved it in the blender, simmered a bit more and added some cream. Was orange and tasty

ChopsTheDuck Wed 22-Oct-08 09:03:55

im pretty sure ours was orange. I got my recipe fromt eh farm where we picked the pu mpkins. It was really simple, jsut fry and onion, then add a tsp of coriander powder, and a tsp of Cumin powder, stir for a couple of minutes then add cubed pumpkin and stock. The kids loved it, but they prefer carrot soup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now