Talk

Advanced search

No cook recipes needed urgently Please help :-)

(11 Posts)
arwen Mon 20-Oct-08 12:59:13

Hi, I have to run a cooking session tomorrow for my sure start group. unfortunately this will be taking place in a school's music room where the only facilities are a kettle! Anyone got any idea of NO COOK recipes suitable for 2/3 year olds? They can take something home to chill at the end but I can't melt anything.
It also needs to be something hands on as much as poss. I am stumped so all suggestions considered!

Many thanks

TheMadHouse Mon 20-Oct-08 13:01:16

Coconut ice

condenced milk
icing sugar
decicated coconut
Pink food colouring

You can turn them into mice shapes and use a white milk buttoin halfs for ear and nose and those little silver balls as eyes. Liqrice laces as tales

Pepermint creams - cant thing of the recepie off hand

CuppaTeaJanice Mon 20-Oct-08 13:01:25

Peppermint creams?

Carmenere Mon 20-Oct-08 13:03:07

Couscous for a healthy option. you can make that with boiling water and they could choose the things to add to it, like sweetcorn, raisins, herbs, chopped peppers, cucumber ect.

mellyonion Mon 20-Oct-08 13:08:07

decorate biscuits....
use plain rich teas or digestives. get sweets/raisens/tiny cut up fruit and make faces with them using nutella as "glue"

make fruit kebabs....let the children handle the fruit, smell it, look at it whole, then let them help you to cut it, peel itetc... and then pop it onto wooden skewers....

pizza to take home to cook? use pitta breads or muffins for the bases, take all the cold ingredients with you,(tomato puree, ham, pinapple, cheese, peppers etc) and don't forget paper plates and foil to wrap them up to take home....

TheRedQueen Mon 20-Oct-08 13:11:01

Mix sliced banana into joghurt and then sprinkle something over the top (chocolate buttons/sultanas/toasted almonds, etc).

arwen Mon 20-Oct-08 13:11:57

Thank you very much!

HolidaysQueen Mon 20-Oct-08 13:18:35

chocolate rice crispie cakes - you can melt the chocolate over a bowl of boiled water. no need to have the water on continuous boil on a stove

arwen Mon 20-Oct-08 13:40:49

Have been checking out the amounts needed for coconut mice. Themadhouse, do I need to chill it or once it is firm can they just shape it into mice? Will it be super sticky?

kiwibella Mon 20-Oct-08 13:42:36

fruit kebabs is a great idea... especially to encourage littlies and parents/carers to work together.

TheMadHouse Mon 20-Oct-08 16:24:12

It is sticky and the mice are best chilled once made, but that is the fun.

Both my two and three year old love it. You can do plain white mice and also pink mice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: