Talk

Advanced search

Please humour me....It's Ok for my toddler to eat nothing but bananas most of the time right?

(13 Posts)
ilovespinach Mon 20-Oct-08 12:06:21

Tortington Mon 20-Oct-08 12:07:48

fine.

handbagofoblivion Mon 20-Oct-08 12:08:34

As long as you regularly give him the chance to refuse other stuff.

Carmenere Mon 20-Oct-08 12:08:39

yes, he will grow out of it, don't stress

pumpkinscantdancethetango Mon 20-Oct-08 12:09:52

fine

Will he have smoothies? mashed banana on toast?

ilovespinach Mon 20-Oct-08 12:14:06

yes he has a sandwhich and cheese set out for lunch which is being ignored.....

thanka

sparklesandnowinefor4days Mon 20-Oct-08 12:22:17

Ilovespinich - DS3 was exactly like this too, only wanted to eat bananas and he did grow out of it but it did take a while!

The only thing i would say is that i did find that he started to get tummy ache quite a bit and his poo's were really runny and smelly due to the fruit (sorry if tmi!) - i had to limit it to 2 bananas a day in the end because of tummy ache

Tommy Mon 20-Oct-08 12:24:28

my Dad used to say that you can live on bananas - they have everything you need nutritionally apparently

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Mon 20-Oct-08 12:27:17

Mine did it. Bananas and raisins and absolutley nothing more for about a week.

I would to say that she is now happy and haelthy but sadly she still has major food issues. atm cheese sarnies are in bananas are out. Still at least she is eating now.

I tend to just go with the flow so long as dd1 is actually eating.

Egg Mon 20-Oct-08 12:29:17

I am always warned that bananas can be constipating for little people, but maybe that's because my toddler has severe poo issues sometimes and bananas are the only fruit he eats, and he seems to be more on an Atkins type diet at the mo, only wanting meat (and biscuits of course).

If there are not poo issues, I think bananas are better than a lot of foods!

HellboundNinkynork Mon 20-Oct-08 12:29:52

Bananas, weetabix, rice cakes, toast and fries are about all DS is eating atm. Not my finest hour but this too shall pass smile

LilRedWGoreandguts Mon 20-Oct-08 12:32:43

In the past month DD has had a few days where she will only eat Weetabix. Just keep reminding yourself that it is a phase.

Littleface Mon 20-Oct-08 12:35:42

Ds is only eating oranges and raisins at the mo, I still offer proper food but he usually refuses. Next week it will probably be cheese and bananas. We usually have a few weeks of nothing then he eats properly for a few weeks then back to just 1 or 2 things . Its very annoying! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now