Talk

Advanced search

If I bought fresh sausages on thursday and put them in the fridge.........

(11 Posts)
FAQ Sun 19-Oct-08 13:55:08

is it too late to freeze them now??

I totally forgot to put them in the freezer (was quite a lot I bought as the butchers had a good deal on).

SqueakyPop Sun 19-Oct-08 13:56:14

I wouldn't have a problem either freezing them, or leaving in the fridge for another couple of weeks.

jangly Sun 19-Oct-08 13:59:29

So long as they went in the fridge soon after you bought them then I reckon would be ok. Remember to defrost them overnight in the fridge when you come to use them though, don't leave 'em on the side during the day to defrost. Wouldn't leave them too long before use. And cook 'em well of course.

FAQ Sun 19-Oct-08 14:02:01

yes they went into the fridge quite soon.

Will make sure I defrost in the fridge when I get some out - and use quickly after they've thawed.

There was 44 of them (2 packs of 22 for £5) which will last for about 4/5 meals for us - so really don't want to waste them.

Thanks

They will be fine.

If you can be bothered, stick a note on them to say that they should be used within a day or two of being defrosted, you don't want them hanging around for aaaaaages when they're defrosted, their fridge life is still the same, even though it's been interrupted by a stint in the freezer.

FAQ Sun 19-Oct-08 14:04:45

oh and please don't ask how I managed to "miss" the fact that I have 44 sausages in my fridge that should be in the freezer grin

it's easily done, FAQ. I bet they were hiding behind the kids play dough, weren't they wink

FAQ Sun 19-Oct-08 14:39:25

oh yes of course, the fridge is currently full of homemade playdough and loads and loads of fresh fruit and veg and "nice ham" wink

and not a hint of a soggy piece of lettuce that's stuck to the back of the fridge, I'm sure wink

FAQ Sun 19-Oct-08 15:03:48

of course not! What are you suggesting about my housekeeping skills grin

that they're similar to mine grin

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now