Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone feel like sharing chicken recipes please ...

(11 Posts)
Millie1 Fri 17-Oct-08 21:22:19

I'm sooo in need of inspiration. Need recipes which have a good carb content so pasta and rice or good (DS's don't like potatoes although I'm working hard to change that grin). Any mild chicken curry recipes, casseroles, anything different ... needs to be fast and easy and ingredients readily available. Oh and no nuts as DS has nut allergy.

TIA

Anifrangapani Fri 17-Oct-08 21:26:34

Chicken with coconut milk broth and noodles....

10 minutes from thought to tum.

fry garlic, ginger and chicken for a minute or 2. Add tin of coconut milk, soy sauce, sweet chilli ( use less for a mild one) and thai fish sauce.

simmer until chicken is cooked through. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice in.

serve with noodles and a sprinkle of chopped corriander in a deep bowl,

Very easy and very yum

Guadalupe Fri 17-Oct-08 21:27:45

We had thighs tonight, roasted with a bit of salt oil and paprika and then mixed veg cous-cous with guacamole and salsa.

WinkyWinkola Fri 17-Oct-08 21:33:15

Chicken Breasts in a Parma Ham Jacket

This dish is very glam but so easy. You choose your carbs but I use rustic potatoes i.e. cubed, roasted potatoes.

You need:

Chicken breasts
parma ham (one slice per breast)\
camembert
basil leaves
oil
onion x 2
optional mushrooms and peppers
red wine
chicken stock
green beans

Pre heat oven. Get casserole dish ready.

Slice chicken open at 'fat' end. Pop in a chunk of cheese and a couple of basil leaves. Wrap a slice of parma ham around it. Do all the breasts. One per person.

Heat up oil in a frying pan. Put all breasts in. Sear them in the oil so the ham is sealed around the chicken - should take maybe two or three minutes? Put the breasts in a casserole dish.

In same frying pan, fry the onions and any veg you like in a casserole like mushrooms or peppers. Once a bit soft i.e. after five or six minutes, put in the casserole dish.

Dissolve a chicken stock cube in 200 mls of water. Chuck that in. And a couple of glasses of red wine.

Cook slowly in oven for 90 mins.

Serve on top of green beans on each plate. Looks great. Tastes amazing.

Millie1 Sat 18-Oct-08 22:54:57

Thank you! These sound great ... I'm only just getting back for a look now and my mouth is watering as I'm reading your recipes! grin

AbbaFan Sun 19-Oct-08 09:10:09

Chicken and Mushrooms with pesto, served with pasta.

I made really simple chicken noodles for us last night and it was lovely. Just chicken pieces with beansprouts, noodles (i used those ready cooked ones) and soy sauce cooked in a wok.

Millie1 Sun 19-Oct-08 22:29:33

That sounds lovely AbbaFan but we can't use Pesto cos of the pine nuts sad

bellavita Sun 19-Oct-08 22:37:58

here this is a nice one

I put slightly more of the spices in than stated and have also used chicken thigh meat which works just as well as breast meat.

Skramble Sun 19-Oct-08 22:40:48

I like chicken breasts drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice, put in roasting pan with cherry tomatoes and blobs of philly (can be herby) add some herbs and roast until done. Tomatoes cook a bit quicker so might be best to raost chicken for a bit first then add tomatoes and philly later so they don't burn. I serve with rice.

Millie1 Tue 21-Oct-08 22:34:19

Oh great ... more nice recipes! Thanks.

NorksDrift Tue 21-Oct-08 22:52:09

This is nice but leave out the cashew nuts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now