Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need a good Curry Recipe .......

(4 Posts)
michymama Fri 17-Oct-08 09:53:47

but I have only Ground Cumin, Ground Coriander, Garam Masala, Fresh Red chillis. I'm in Sicily so can't get any other ingredients ( can get tinned toms stuff like that but nothing "exotic !!").
I'm a huge curry lover and have not had one for a few weeks and I'm having curry withdrawal !!! All the recipes I've looked at need other stuff which I can't get !! Anyone have any ideas ???????????????

Carmenere Fri 17-Oct-08 10:00:39

You can make a perfectly fantastic curry with those spices, all you need is to add lots of fresh garlic and if possible some fresh ginger. Whizz it all together to make a paste and sautee it with meat/veg, add a tin of tomatoes and some stock and let it cook.

ChopsTheDuck Fri 17-Oct-08 10:06:38

with those ingredients you'd be best going for yoghurt based curries. The thing you are really missing is turmeric.

If you mix a little of what you do have with yoghurt to make a marinate you can make some curry. Then add either loads of chopped coriander to make a green coriander curry or cocnut to make a creamy korma type curry.

Add salt, a squeeze of lemon a tsp of coriander, and tsp of cumin, half tsp of garam masala, and some grated/pureed garlic to the yoghurt. Add either chopped cocounut or coriander.

Fry onions, and chopped chilli then add chicken, or veg, and soften or brown. Turn down the heat and add the yoghurt a spoonful at a time, letting it be absorbed into the food. Keep the heat low and add slowly so that the yoghurt doesnt seperate.

Alternatively, if you can get fresh ginger, you can make dhal. Lentils, cumin, a dash of gramasala, onions, ginger, garlic add the chilli whole, fresh chopped tomatoes and simmer til lentils are soft.

michymama Fri 17-Oct-08 10:52:11

oohh thankyou, not sure if we can get fresh ginger or chopped coconut, will have a look in the big supermarket later !! both look nice, will maybe make both and have a real feast !!
Thank you so much xxxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now