Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I know what I should be eating, so why don't I eat it?

(4 Posts)
CatMandu Wed 15-Oct-08 18:00:28

I know I'm not alone in this, but what's it all about? I'm an intelligent woman, my dc's eat a great balanced diet so why can't I do the same? I like fruit and veg, I like 'healthy' foods, but I also like chocolate, pies and wine. I can't seem to get a balance, last week when dh was away I realised I hadn't eaten any fresh fruit or veg in days!

Has anyone overcome this?

squeaver Wed 15-Oct-08 18:05:21

I know how you feel. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat an apple. It's pathetic.

notsoteenagemum Wed 15-Oct-08 18:07:05

CatMandu, I'm the same. I've overcome this once with anti-depressants and going to over-eaters anon, and again by doing slimming world but recently have fallen off the wagonsad

lazyhen Wed 15-Oct-08 18:20:56

I know exactly how you feel. I have read so many books on the subject and am now doing weight watchers for the millionth time. I have no idea why I find it so hard. Last week I was looking at gastric band websites... and when I think about being a frumpy mummy wearing slacks and jumpers because that's the only thing that'll fit I want to cry. So...

I have stuck a nasty photo of me in my underwear inside my cupboard door, one in the fridge and one in my wallet so when I feel tempted I know what it is that I'm sentencing myself to.

DH is a bit overweight so he has a pic of himself up too. They are horrid pics and it really does help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now