Talk

Advanced search

8mnth old how many bottles and when ?

(7 Posts)
linniewith2 Sat 05-Mar-05 20:55:13

Hi all
my (almost) 8mnth old dd has been late to wean so I was just wondering how much milk is usual for an 8 mnth old and at what times during the day?
Any insight would be much appreciated, I was begining to worry that she would never take to solids but today she actualy opened her mouth for the spoon and then scoffed the lot lol. She has been having the 5 x 7onz feeds since 4mnths as she wouldn't take anything other than the milk. She is a VERY heathy weight so my hv said not to worry to much about solids until dd decided she was ready........it seems so long ago that I did this with dd1 that I can't remember plus she was weaned at 5mnths and pretty text book with her bottles.

Thanks

Amanda3266 Sat 05-Mar-05 20:56:20

Hi

About a pint of milk a day seems to be the current advice and this includes milk taken in other forms such as yoghurt etc.

Bozza Sat 05-Mar-05 21:31:31

DD was on (I think) 1 bottle (7 oz) and 2 breastfeeds a day at this point. Had recently dropped her mid morning bottle. At nearly 10 months she is now on 1 breastfeed and 2 7oz bottles (ie the same but have replaced a breastfeed with a bottle). But she is a very good eater and has a huge bowl of porridge (with cow's milk) and other dairy.

vict17 Sat 05-Mar-05 21:32:45

My ds was on 3 x 7oz bottles at this stage - about 7am, 2.30pm and bedtime

Bozza Sat 05-Mar-05 21:51:36

Same as DD then Vict.

lunarx Mon 07-Mar-05 17:05:24

ds is 8.5 months old and has about 16-18oz of milk daily in a few bottles.. one in the morning, one before afternoon nap and one before bed.. plus other dairy products in daily diet..

jackeroo Mon 07-Mar-05 17:25:34

my DS (now just 9 months) has 4 per day - first thing after waking and before going to sleep, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon. usually totals about 600-700 mls. (he was also on five until fairly recently - but is now having more solids so only seems to need 4)...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now