Talk

Advanced search

URGENT casserole question

(9 Posts)
GeorginaA Sat 05-Mar-05 16:11:06

I have a recipe for chicken casserole that I normally do in the slow cooker or in a pressure cooker - however I want to cook it in a conventional oven tonight - how do I convert the recipe (i.e. increase/decrease liquid and what time/temperature?)

Normally would take 15 mins in pressure cooker or 8 hours in slow cooker... has potatoes in it if that makes a difference...

Cod Sat 05-Mar-05 16:18:29

Message withdrawn

GeorginaA Sat 05-Mar-05 16:56:47

Ta... will let you know how it turns out

(didn't have a casserole dish big enough either... ended up having to squish it into two... could be interesting)

Cod Sat 05-Mar-05 17:04:59

Message withdrawn

GeorginaA Sat 05-Mar-05 17:21:08

.. and have Dominos on speed dial...

GeorginaA Sun 06-Mar-05 18:20:33

It turned out fine, btw - thank you Coddy In retrospect I should have added more water though - it wasn't dried out or anything, but not quite enough extra sauce to smash up the tatties into in the guise of not wasting anything

happymerryberries Sun 06-Mar-05 18:26:10

Only on MN can there be an urgern caserole question!

How I love this place!

ScummyMummy Sun 06-Mar-05 18:27:18

Yes it is rather fine to have urgent casserole questions, I must say.

GeorginaA Sun 06-Mar-05 18:30:03

You know, after a quick google doesn't throw up answers, Mumsnet is the next place I think of to ask! Even DH has started saying "ask Mumsnet" for even child-unrelated queries now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: