Talk

Advanced search

Have I poisoned dd? Oh dear I'm panicking...

(7 Posts)
BlardyEejit Tue 14-Oct-08 13:16:53

DD was in dh's study having a nose round. I was in the next room. She wandered into the room I'm in clutching a sports water bottle we have been looking for for a couple of months. No idea where she found it, but suspect she may have hidden it in the first place as per her favourite game!

Anyway, she tipped it up and drank from it. I snatched it straight away and emptied it, noticing floating bits of mould in it. Yeuch.

She is 17 months old.

Am an emetophobe...

Is she doomed? Will it be a night of vomitting?

BlardyEejit Tue 14-Oct-08 13:17:49

It would have had blackcurrant and apple juice in it. DH's drink of choice when working out. hmm

TheProvincialLady Tue 14-Oct-08 13:19:14

It won't be the most germs she has had in her mouth at one time before - your average toy at playgroup is probably much grimmer. She will be finesmile

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Oct-08 13:20:03

dont worry it might be penicillin and it just might cure any ear infections shes about to have. You could have accidentally saved her from a week of pain and illness grin

BlardyEejit Tue 14-Oct-08 13:23:08

What a remarkably positive spin... Might have a swig myself.

The panic is subsiding slightly. Usually very un-precious and leave her to grub about eating worms but it was mould. Months old squash and floating mould. That's more than even I, MrsHealthyNeglect can allow.

BlardyEejit Tue 14-Oct-08 13:49:20

Any more reassuring words. Please.

Cadelaide Tue 14-Oct-08 13:53:08

Just think of all the times they do stuff like this and we never even know about it.

"tis hazardous, this childhood business. She'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now