Talk

Advanced search

Mashed Potato

(4 Posts)
purplehaze Fri 04-Mar-05 21:07:30

Hi

My ds (13 months) LOVES mashed potato so at the moment i make him mash mixed with veg then add either chick, ham, cod or beans. Problem is i'm starting to run out of ideas as he will only be spoon fed as long as it has mash with it!!! he has finger foods like sandwiches ok.

have any of you got any other ideas that i can mix with it??? and do you think it's wrong for me to just give in and let him have the mash???

thank you

Paronoid mum
XXX

Bozza Fri 04-Mar-05 21:10:49

Maybe he's getting to the point where he really wants to do it himself. I would actually consider trying to let him I think. You could make dishes like bolognaise to add to the mash (or actually thats probably not much different to shepherd's pie. Or you could add tuna, cheese etc.

Evesmama Fri 04-Mar-05 21:12:15

hi

how about sweetcorn, peppers, carrots?, youve prob tried these?, but i would say its fine giving him the mash..my dd is mad on chips(so i do my own in oven), i think they just know what they like and stick with it till a new taste sensation comess thier way!
hes geting plenty of protien and veggies mixed in so i think your doing fine

Bozza Fri 04-Mar-05 21:27:49

I would think what you are having and ask yourself if this can be added to mash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now